James Authur Sheriff
April 14, 1952 – May 15, 2018
James Authur Sheriff 66, passed away May 15, 2018 at home with his loving wife Sheila (McCoy) Sheriff with 30 years of Marriage and together, 38 years by his side. He was born in Loris, SC on April 14, 1952 a son of Martha O (Sheriff) Myers and the late Willie Myers.
James was a member of St James Chapel Church of God in Christ and was employed by Brentwood Industries as a grinder for 27 years last working in 2016.
He leaves to cherish in his memory his children; son Marquis L. McCoy of Philadelphia, son Tylo Burgess of Atlanta, GA., daughter Temica and her husband Markus McGill of Durham, NC., daughter Jamie Sheriff of Reading, son Steven O. London of Harrisburg, 10 grandchildren, 1 great grandson, 3 brothers; Ricky Myers, Charles Myers, Larry Levy, 4 sisters; Mary Reid, Barbara Ann Bromell, Tanya Johnson, Susan Levy, and a host of aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, and family friends. His brother-in-law, Harold Tyson, Jr and his sister-in-law, Brenda Simmons. A special friend Heather Rodriquez and a special brother, Mike Bartz. James was predeceased by his brother, Willie Myers.
Home Going Services will be Thursday May 24, 2018 at 11am in St James Chapel, 11 S 9th St Reading, PA 19602. Burial to follow in Berks County Memorial Gardens. A viewing will be Thursday 9-11am in the church. Theo C Auman Funeral Home, Reading is honored to serve the family. Online condolences may be made at www.theocauman.com
- Willie Myers, Father
- Martha O. (Sheriff) Myers, Mother
- Sheila ( McCoy) Sheriff, Spouse
- Marquis McCoy, Son
- Tylo Burgess, Son
- Temica McGill, Daughter
- Markus McGill, Son-in-law
- Jamie Sheriff, Daughter
- Steven O. London, Son
- Ricky Myers, Brother
- Charles Myers, Brother
- Larry Levy, Brother
- Mary Reid, Sister
- Barbara Ann Bromell, Sister
- Tanya Johnson, Sister
- Susan Levy, Sister
- Harold Tyson Jr., Brother-in-law
- Brenda Simmons, Sister-in-law
- Carol Tyson, Mother-in-law
- Heather Rodriquez, A special Friend
- Mike Bartz, A special Brother
- Willie Myers, Brother
- James is also survived by ten grandchildren, one great grandson and a host of aunts, nieces, nephews, cousins, and family friends.
- Charles Myers, Preceding Honorary Pallbearers
- Richard Myers, Preceding Honorary Pallbearers
- Dante Sheriff, Succeeding Honorary Pallbearers
- James Sheriff, Succeeding Honorary Pallbearers
- Rory Sheriff, Pallbearer
- Deven Moseley, Pallbearer
- Tajuane Moseley, Pallbearer
- Darren Sheriff, Pallbearer
- Harold Tyson Jr., Pallbearer
- Joel Tyson, Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, May 24, 2018
- Home Going Service Thursday, May 24, 2018
James Authur Sheriff
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
May 21, 2018
Rip uncle James God got you now you will be so miss. These two BEAUTIFUL people made a strong wonderful man.
May 20, 2018
I am so sorry to hear of Jimmy's passing. My thoughts and prayers are for all of you who love him. I worked with him for about 9 years. His eyes lit up whenever he talked about his family. I could see in his eyes when he talked, how much he loved you. He always brought me BBQ whenever he went down to Carolina. I will always remember his smile. He always used to say "Whoop there it is". I pray your faith and memories will help you through this difficult time.