Jean Mary Armao
April 20, 1934 – May 1, 2021
Jean M. Armao of Shillington, passed away Saturday May 1, 2021. Born on April 20, 1934 in West Reading, she was the daughter of the late Andrea (Henry) Lupo and Carmela (Jennie) Longone Lupo. She was the wife of Richard E. Armao who passed away in 2004.
She was a member of Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church, Reading. Jean worked over summer school break at Kelray Knitting Mill and St. Joseph Hospital1952-1972. She volunteered for J.D.F., ADA and Lung Assoc. and also participated in a walk-a-thons for ADA. She was a member of the American Diabetes Assoc., Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Berks Encore, West Lawn Sr., and Victor Emmanuel II. Jean enjoyed traveling and spending time with the whole family. She made a lot of ceramic crafts for her family. She loved to sew and embroidery work.
Jean is survived by a son, Jeffrey M. Armao of Cumru and a daughter, Cynthia A. (Armao) Koelling wife of Kenneth K. Koelling of Hazelwood, MO. Granddaughters, Brandi J. Neithamer of Beavercreek, OH., Chateau L. Jones of Lee's Summit, MO., also a grandson, Kenneth K. Koelling, Jr., of Lake Mary FL., and 3 great grandsons; Jace A. Valetti, Alec J. Valetti, Jerry Jones, Jr., and great granddaughters; Danika A. Jones and Katalena A. Jones.
Prayer services will be Saturday May 8, 2021 at 10:30am in Theo C Auman Funeral, 247 Penn St., Reading Burial to follow in Gethsemane Cemetery. A viewing will be Saturday 9:30-10:30am in the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to American Diabetes Foundation, 2451 Crystal Dr., Suite 900, Arlington, VA., 22202 or American Heart Association, 968 Postal Rd. #10, Allentown, PA 18109. www.theocauman.com
- Richard E Armao, Husband (deceased)
- Andrea (Henry) Lupo, Father (deceased)
- Carmela (Jennie) Lupo, Mother (deceased)
- Jeffrey M Armao, Son
- Cynthia A Koelling, Daughter
- Kenneth K Koelling, Son-in-law
- Brandi J Neitamer, Granddaughter
- Chateau L Jones, Granddaughter
- Kenneth K Koelling Jr, Grandson
- Jace A Valetti, Great Grandson
- Alec J Valetti, Great Grandson
- Jerry Jones Jr, Great Grandson
- Danika A Jones, Great Granddaughter
- Katalena A Jones, Great Granddaughter
Saturday, May 8, 2021
Saturday, May 8, 2021