January 11, 1942 – December 21, 2018
Joanne Heck, 76 of Cumru Township, passed away on Friday, December 21, 2018 in her residence.
She was predeceased by her husband of 30 years, Lyle D. Heck on August 2, 2011.
Born in West Reading, Joanne was a daughter of the late John Earl and Herta Constance (Brodel) Legler.
Joanne was self-employed all of her life. She worked in accounting, bookkeeping and management capacities for the PA Department of Revenue until 1980. She lastly was the President and CEO of Silicon Cert LTD until retiring in April 2018.
She was a 1959 graduate of Reading High School. She enjoyed cruising, sewing and gardening. She was especially proud to have fostered many homeless cats and adopting them out to loving families.
Joanne is survived by her daughters, Lisa Anne Mademann and her companinion Leon Foster of Shillington and Beth Anne Mademann Folk of Cumru Township. Also surviving are her grandchildren Jessie J. Mademann, Jamie J. Mademann, Kenneth A. Mademann Miller, Jay C. Folk, Jr., John B. Folk and her step granddaughter Emily (Foster) Szeredai. She is also survived by her great grandchildren Jesse J. Warden and Ella G. Szeredai.
Friends and family may view on Monday, December 31, 2018 from 10:00-11:00 am in Theo C. Auman, Inc. Funeral Home, 247 Penn Street, Reading, Pa. Service will begin at 11:00 am. Interment will follow in Berks County Memorial Gardens, Maidencreek Township. To send a condolence online, please visit: www.TheoCAuman.com
- Lyle D. Heck, Husband
- John Earl Legler, Father
- Herta Constance (Brodel) Legler, Mother
- Lisa Anne Mademann and her companinion Leon Foster, Daughter
- Beth Anne Mademann Folk, Daughter
- Jessie J. Mademann, Grandchild
- Jamie J. Mademann, Grandchild
- Kenneth A. Mademann Miller, Grandchild
- Jay C. Folk Jr., Grandchild
- John B. Folk, Grandchild
- Joanne is survived by her step granddaughter Emily (Foster) Szeredai, and her great grandchildren Jesse J. Warden and Ella G. Szeredai.
- Viewing Monday, December 31, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, December 31, 2018
- Interment Monday, December 31, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY