Kathy Jean Reppert
November 5, 1952 – May 4, 2018
Kathy Jean (Shute) Reppert, 65, of Douglassvile, passed away peacefully on Friday, May 4, 2018 in Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. She was the loving wife of Lawrence T. Reppert.
Born in Reading on November 5, 1952, Kathy was a daughter of Emma J. (Greif) Mengel and the late George L. Shute, Jr. She was a Wyomissing High School graduate and was employed for 10 years as a caregiver with the Reading Hospital and for five years with Comfort Keepers. She also worked for several years at a daycare in Douglassville.
Kathy was an excellent cook and enjoyed trying new recipes. She loved to read, knit, crochet and spend time on the computer. Kathy was known to be very social but she really loved spending time with her family and especially watching Bradley play baseball.
In addition to her devoted husband, Lawrence and her mother, Emma Jean; Kathy is survived by two sons: Bradley T. Reppert at home and Ryan Reppert and his wife, Liz of Corning, NY; two daughters: Sara M. (Tavenner) Lott and her husband, Jason of Saint Clair and Kelly (Reppert) Bucci and her husband, Patrick of East Stroudsburg; 10 grandchildren: Cory and Adam Thomas, Katelyn and Alexis Tavenner, Madyson Lott, Alex, Abby and Ella Reppert , Kiana and Maddie Bucci; a sister: Pamela (Mengel) Grossnickle and her husband, George of Shillington and two nephews and one niece.
Kathy is predeceased by her father, George, her stepfather, Theodore Mengle and a son, Baby Boy Jesse David Tavenner.
A funeral service will be on Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 10am in Auman's Inc. Funeral Home, 390 W. Neversink Rd., Reading, PA 19606. A viewing will be Friday, May 11, 2018 in the funeral home from 6 to 8pm and on Saturday from 9 to 10am. Burial will follow in Forest Hills Memorial Park, Reading.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to the Animal Rescue League of Berks County, 58 Kennel Rd., Birdsboro, PA 19508 or the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Eastern PA. 100 N. 20th St., Ste 405, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
Fond memories and online condolences may be sent to www.AumansInc.com
- George L. Shute Jr, Father
- Emma J. (Greif) Mengel, Mother
- Lawrence T. Reppert, Spouse
- Bradley T. Reppert, Son
- Ryan Reppert, Son
- Liz Reppert, Daughter-in-law
- Sara M. (Tavenner) Lott, Daughter
- Jason Lott, Son-in-law
- Kelly (Reppert) Bucci, Daughter
- Patrick Bucci, Son-in-law
- Cory Thomas, Grandson
- Adam Thomas, Grandson
- Katelyn Tavenner, Granddaughter
- Alexis Tavenner, Granddaughter
- Madyson Lott, Granddaughter
- Alex Reppert, Grandson
- Abby Reppert, Granddaughter
- Ella Reppert, Granddaughter
- Kiana Bucci, Granddaughter
- Maddie Bucci, Granddaughter
- Pamela (Mengel) Grossnickle, Sister
- George Grossnickle, Brother-in-law
- Theodore Mengle, Stepfather
- Jesse David Tavenner, Son
- Kathy is also survived by tow nephews and one niece.
- Visitation Friday, May 11, 2018
- Visitation Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, May 12, 2018
Kathy Jean Reppert
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
May 9, 2018
RIP friend, you were a great wife, mother, grandmother and Friend you will be missed. You are now in the hands of God to go on your next journey. Condolences to your family and God Bless Kathy.
May 8, 2018
Larry, you and your family are in my prayers please call me if you need someone to talk to-Mark 4849870827