Melvin "Mook" Rhodes
August 21, 1943 – March 8, 2019
Melvin "Mook" Rhodes 75, went home to be with his Lord and Savior on Friday March 8, 2019 in his Reading residence. He was born in Ronco, PA., on August 21, 1943 a son of the late Alonzo and Bertha (Jackson) Rhodes.
Mook was most recently employed by Olivet's Boys & Girls Club for many years retiring there, and was a faithful member of Zion Baptist Church. He was a big sports fan and had played semi pro football and baseball.
He leaves to cherish in his memory, his 2 sons; Ryan L Rhodes and his significant other, Sherry Sampson of Reading, Martin Lewis of Reading, 4 brothers; James E Rhodes Sr. of Reading, Patrick Rhodes Sr. of Atlanta, GA., Irvin and his wife Penny Rhodes of MA., Elijah Rhodes of Reading, 5 grandchildren; Tanya Rhodes, Jessica Rhodes, Matthew Rhodes, Jasmine Hood, Kasee Lewis, and 13 great grandchildren, and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and close family friends. Melvin was predeceased by his siblings; George Rhodes, Mary Rhodes Butler, Herman Rhodes Sr., Alonzo Rhodes. and Arthur Rhodes.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Olivet's Boys & Girls Club, 620 Clinton St., Reading PA 19601.
A Celebration of Life Service will be Saturday March 16, 2019 at 12 noon in Zion Baptist Church, 224 Washington St., Reading. A Gathering will be Saturday 1130-12 noon in the church. Theo C Auman Funeral Home, Reading is honored to serve the family. www.theocauman.com
- Alonzo Rhodes, Father
- Bertha (Jackson) Rhodes, Mother
- Ryan L Rhodes, Son
- Martin Lewis, Son
- James E Rhodes Sr, Brother
- Patrick Rhodes Sr, Brother
- Irvin Rhodes, Brother
- Penny Rhodes, Sister-in-law
- Elijah Rhodes, Brother
- Tanya Rhodes, Grandchild
- Jessica Rhodes, Grandchild
- Matthew Rhodes, Grandchild
- Jasmine Hood, Grandchild
- Kasee Lewis, Grandchild
- George Rhodes, Brother
- Herman Rhodes Sr, Brother
- Alonzo Rhodes, Brother
- Arthur Rhodes, Brother
- Mary Rhodes Butler, Sister
- Shirley Rhodes, Sister-in-law
- 13 great grandchildren and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and family friends.
- Gathering Saturday, March 16, 2019
- A Celebration of Life Service Saturday, March 16, 2019