Wayne Errol Hummel Jr.
March 5, 1934 – May 3, 2018
Wayne Errol Hummel, Jr 84, of Reading passed away Thursday May 3, 2018 in Spring City Veterans Facility surrounded by his loving family. His loving wife Mildred E (Phile) Hummel passed away August 28, 2016. Wayne was born in Reading on March 5, 1934 a son of the late Wayne E Sr and Helen (Schafer) Hummel.
He served in the Marines during the Korean War ending his career as a Sergeant. Wayne was a past member of Exeter Bible Church and most recently a member of Seyfert Wesleyan Church. He spent most of his working career employed by Ray Gring Tree Surgery as an arborist and retired after 26 years at Cabot Corp. as a machine operator.
Some of his greatest loves were Jesus, American Flag, and the Philadelphia Eagles. During his free time, he enjoyed his trains and gardening. Wayne was a faithful servant to the Lord, his family, and his friends. He had a big heart, that loved everyone around him and everyone loved him back.
Wayne was known for his hugs and his smile. Surviving are his 3 sons; Wayne E III and his wife Eileen M (Cooper) Hummel of Exeter, Walter P and his wife Teri L (Schaeffer) Hummel of Mt Penn, and Elwood C Hummel Sr, 8 grandchildren; Shannon L wife of Shaun Wessner, Wayne E Hummel IV, Walter P Hummel II, Elwood C Hummel II, Ryan M Hummel, Melissa A Hummel, Caitlin M Hummel, and Dylan L Hummel, and 10 great grandchildren. Wayne was predeceased by his brother, Robert Schafer.
Services will be Wednesday May 9, 2018 at 10:30am in Seyfert Wesleyan Church, 2 Maple Rd Birdsboro, PA 19508. Entombment to follow in Forest Hills Memorial Park. A viewing will be Wednesday 9-10:30am in the church. Auman's Inc Funeral Home, Reiffton is honored to serve the family at this time. Please feel compelled to wear your favorite Philadelphia sports gear. www.aumansinc.com
- Wayne E. Hummel Sr, Father
- Helen (Schafer) Hummel, Mother
- Mildred E. (Phile) Hummel, Spouse
- Wayne E. Hummel III, Son
- Eileen M. (Cooper) Hummel, Daughter-in-law
- Walter P. Hummel, Son
- Teri L. (Schaeffer) Hummel, Daughter-in-law
- Elwood C. Hummel Sr, Son
- Shannon L. and her Husband Shaun Wessner, Granddaughter
- Wayne E. Hummel IV, Grandson
- Walter P. Hummel II, Grandson
- Elwood C. Hummel II, Grandson
- Ryan M Hummel, Grandson
- Melissa A. Hummel, Granddaughter
- Caitlin M Hummel, Granddaughter
- Dylan L. Hummel, Grandson
- Robert Schafer, Brother
- Wayne is also survived by ten great grand children.
- Visitation Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Wayne Errol Hummel Jr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES