William "Bill" Napoleon Moultrey
September 14, 1953 – March 23, 2019
William "Bill" Napoleon Moultrey, 65, of Reading, passed away peacefully after a lengthy illness on Saturday, March 23, 2019 surrounded by family.
Born in Winston-Salem, NC on September 14, 1953, Bill was a son of Josie A. (Cuthrell) Moultrey and the late William N. Moultrey. He was baptized at St. James Chapel Church of God in Christ. Bill was a Reading High School graduate.
He was employed for over ten years with Eastern Mills in Mt. Penn before becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse for Luther Merrit for five years. He then was a manager of the former Stubb's Laundromat, currently Jake's Laundry Service for over 20 years.
Bill was a member of the Teamsters. He enjoyed dancing and socializing.
In addition to his mother, Bill leaves to cherish his memory a stepdaughter, Yolanda Moultrey of Reading; two brothers, John E. Moultrey of Reading and David A. MCCoy and his wife Lisa T. of Reading; three sisters, Linda L. (Moultrey) Cook of Muhlenberg Twp., Angela (MCCoy) Snowden and her husband, Michael of Columbia, SC and Carolean A. (Moultrey) Green and her husband, Lezell of Kings Tree, SC and his ex-wife and longtime friend, SherryAnn (Brown) Moultrey of Reading.
Also surviving are a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and great friends.
He is predeceased by his father and a sister, Sheila MCCoy.
Family and friends are invited to a viewing on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 from 10:30am to 12:30pm in Theo C. Auman Funeral Home, 247 Penn St., Reading, PA 19601. A graveside committal will be at 1pm on Wednesday at Charles Evans Cemetery, 1119 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601.
- Josie A. Moultrey, Mother
- William N. Moultrey, Father
- Yolanda Moultrey, Stepdaughter
- John E. Moultrey, Brother
- David A. MCCoy, Brother
- Lisa T. MCCoy, Sister-in-law
- Linda L. Cook, Sister
- Angela Snowden, Sister
- Michael Snowden, Brother-in-law
- Carolean A. Green, Sister
- Lezell Green, Brother-in-law
- Sheila MCCoy, Sister
- SherryAnn Moultrey, Ex-Wife and Friend
- Also surviving are a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and great friends.
- Visitation Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- Committal Service Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- Burial Wednesday, March 27, 2019