Ann Margaret Kurtz
May 26, 1918 – May 27, 2018
Ann Margaret Kurtz, of Canton, Michigan, formerly of Redford Township, Michigan, passed away peacefully on Sunday May 27, 2018, one day after her 100th birthday. Ann was born May 26, 1918 in Wampum, Pennsylvania to Frank and Anna Shubert.
Ann is survived by; son Dennis MacDonald; daughter Pamela (her husband Jerry) Niezgoda; son Paul (his wife Judy) Kurtz, and daughter-in-law Linda (The late Roger) MacDonald; as well as a large extended family of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. Ann was preceded in death by her parents; husband Lorne MacDonald; her second husband, Arthur Kurtz; son Roger Lorne MacDonald; and son Philip Kurtz;.
Ann was an active member of Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church until the church was closed. She was a Eucharistic Minister, Church Secretary, and in the Ladies Guild. She also loved to square dance.
A final viewing for Ann will be held Friday, June 1, 2018 from 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM at St. Sabina Catholic Church, 25605 Ann Arbor Trail, Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48127. A Funeral Mass to celebrate her life will immediately follow the final viewing. Mass will be led by Father Don Walker.
Ann will be laid to rest with her first husband, Lorne MacDonald in Cadillac Memorial Gardens West in Westland, Michigan.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Ann's memory may be made for the family wishes, Dennis MacDonald, C/O Harry J. Will Funeral Home, 25450 Plymouth Road, Redford Township, Michigan 48239.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared in the guestbook for the Kurtz family.
- The late Lorne MacDonald, Husband
- The late Arthur W. Kurtz, Husband
- The late Roger Lorne MacDonald, Son
- Dennis MacDonald, Son
- Pamela (her husband Jerry) Niezgoda, Daughter
- The late Philip Kurtz, Son
- Paul (his wife Judy) Kurtz, Son
- Linda (The late Roger) MacDonald, Daughter-in-law
- Ann was also a proud grandmother, great-grandmother, and great-great-grandmother.
For the family wishes
Dennis MacDonald, C/O Harry J. Will Funeral Home 25450 Plymouth Road, Redford Township, Michigan 48239
- Final Viewing Friday, June 1, 2018
- Funeral Mass Friday, June 1, 2018
- Committal Service Friday, June 1, 2018