Edward E. Miszak "Eddie"
June 15, 1928 – May 17, 2018
Edward Emil Miszak was born to Steven and Stella Miszak on June 15, 1928 in Moundsville, West Virginia. He was one of 2 children along with his brother Steven Miszak Jr. Edward passed away peacefully in his Redford Township, Michigan home on Thursday May 17, 2018 at the age of 89
"Eddie" was the beloved husband of Geraldine Miszak for 66 years. He is survived by his son Stephen (his wife Elizabeth) Miszak; son Dennis (his wife Renee) Miszak; daughter Denise (her husband Michael) Houston; daughter Jeannine Litwin; daughter Colleen (her husband William) Barstow; son Robert (his wife Linda) Miszak; and daughter Aileen (her husband Christopher) Howard; granddaughter Cindy (her husband Matt) Wolfe, grandson Justin (his wife Michelle) Cooke, grandson Michael (his wife Andrea) Miszak, granddaughter Alea (her husband Scott) Shinn, granddaughter Malina (her husband Justin) LaVergne, granddaughter Theresa (her husband Derek) Hopkins, grandson Christopher (his wife AJ) Cooke, granddaughter Andrea (her husband Courtland) Olson, grandson Nicholas (his wife Meagan) Hasbrouck, granddaughter Amy (her husband Nathan) Evans, granddaughter Kandis Watts, granddaughter Katie (her husband Keith) Dotson, granddaughter Becky Miszak, grandson Michael Barstow, granddaughter Sandy Miszak, grandson Andrew Litwin, granddaughter Cassidy Howard, granddaughter Jenna Litwin, grandson Dylan Howard and grandson Austin Howard. Eddie also leaves behind a large extended family including his great-grandchildren: Debbie, Autumnus, & Sallie Wolfe, Amelia, Camden & Imogen Miszak, Emmett & Kelton Shinn, Hailey, Collins, & Miyah LaVergne, Maddie, Noah, Savannah, & Olivia Hopkins, Viola Olson, Briana, Raylee & Colsen Hasbrouck, Lizzy, Cammy & Jake Watts, Rhaelee, Khylin, Aaron & Dominik Miszak, Savannah & Connor Miszak.
Edward was preceded in death by; daughter Kathleen Hasbrouck, daughter Maureen Miszak, and great grandson Justin LaVergne Jr.
Eddie graduated from St. Ladislaus in Hamtramck, Michigan. He was a proud Army Veteran and retired from GM after 37 years at the Willow Run Plant. In his retirement, he enjoyed his beloved Detroit Red Wings. A love that developed when he worked as an Usher at Olympia Stadium back in the 1970's. Eddie also loved his Detroit Tigers, and listening to Polka music and anything by Elvis. He had a passion for gardening, especially marigolds. However, his pride and joy came from his very large and loving family. Eddie loved to be a husband, dad, grandpa, and great-grandpa. He will be deeply missed by everyone who knew and loved him.
The family will receive guests for a visitation on Monday, May 21, 2018 from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM, with a Rosary Service at 6:30 PM at Harry J. Will Funeral Home, 25450 Plymouth Road,(Just east of Beech Daly) Redford Township, Michigan 48239.
Eddie's life will be celebrated with a Funeral Mass on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 11:00 AM at St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic Church, 27201 W. Chicago, Redford Township, Michigan 48239. He will lie instate for a final viewing beginning at 10:30 AM. The Mass will be led by Father Richard Leliaert.
He will be laid to rest by his family with Committal Prayers and Military Honors in Holy Sepulchre Catholic Cemetery, Southfield, Michigan 48033. Military Honors will be delivered by the United States Army Funeral Honors Team.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared in the guestbook for the Miszak family. Any entries left will be forever printed in a keepsake book for the family to treasure.
- Geraldine Miszak, Wife
- Stephen (his wife Elizabeth) Miszak, Son
- Dennis (his wife Renee) Miszak, Son
- Denise (her husband Michael) Houston, Daughter
- Jeannine Litwin, Daughter
- Colleen (her husband William) Barstow, Daughter
- Robert (his wife Linda) Miszak, Son
- Aileen (her husband Christopher) Howard, Daughter
- Cindy (her husband Matt) Wolfe, Granddaughter
- Justin (his wife Michelle) Cooke, Grandson
- Michael (his wife Andrea) Miszak, Grandson
- Alea (her husband Scott) Shinn, Granddaughter
- Malina (her husband Justin) LaVergne, Granddaughter
- Theresa (her husband Derek) Hopkins, Granddaughter
- Christopher (his wife AJ) Cooke, Grandson
- Andrea (her husband Courtland) Olson, Granddaughter
- Nicholas (his wife Meagan) Hasbrouck, Grandson
- Amy (her husband Nathan) Evans, Granddaughter
- Kandis Watts, Granddaughter
- Katie (her husband Keith) Dotson, Granddaughter
- Becky Miszak, Granddaughter
- Michael Barstow, Grandson
- Sandy Miszak, Granddaughter
- Andrew Litwin, Grandson
- Cassidy Howard, Granddaughter
- Jenna Litwin, Granddaughter
- Dylan Howard, Grandson
- Austin Howard, Grandson
- Steven Miszak Jr., Brother
Great-grandpa of Debbie, Autumnus & Sallie Wolfe, Amelia, Camden & Imogen Miszak, Emmett & Kelton Shinn, Hailey, Collins, & Miyah LaVergne, Maddie, Noah, Savannah & Olivia Hopkins, Viola Olson, Briana, Raylee & Colsen Hasbrouck, Lizzy, Cammy & Jake Watts, Rhaelee, Khylin, Aaron & Dominik Miszak, Savannah & Connor Miszak.
Preceded in death by his daughters; Kathleen Hasbrouck & Maureen Miszak; and great grandson Justin LaVergne Jr.
- Visitation Monday, May 21, 2018
- Rosary Service Monday, May 21, 2018
- Final Viewing Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- Funeral Mass Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- Committal Service with Military Honors Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Edward E. Miszak "Eddie"
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
May 21, 2018
Sorry to hear about your father. Both your parents did a super job of raising a fine family and Thurston high school was the beneficiary of their efforts. Your father is in our prayers.
Richard Morrison, teacher/counselor
May 20, 2018
My sincere condolences to the family. May the God of all comfort give you the comfort you need to endure this difficult time and the days ahead (2 Corinthians 1:3,4)