Frances E. Schmidt "Fannie"
May 10, 1917 – June 4, 2018
Frances E. Schmidt "Fannie", age 101, of Redford Township, Michigan passed away on Monday June 4, 2018 under the gentle care of Heart to Heart Hospice and the staff of Springwater Haven in W. Bloomfield, Michigan. Frances was born May 10, 1917 in Richmond, Ohio and was raised in Lansing, Michigan.
Frances was preceded in death by her parents Lucius & Sarah Mills; husband Waldemar E. Schmidt; and her companion of 29 years Norman Twork.
Fannie enjoyed playing her piano and tending to her yard. She was known for always being available to her neighbors in any time of need. Fannie was passionate about being a Christian and traveled several avenues of Christianity. She was raised a Lutheran. However, when she lived in Redford, she attended Aldersgate Methodist Church and Dunning Park Bible Chapel. During her last days, she enjoyed receiving comforting words from a Catholic Priest. Fannie and Waldemar never had any children and there is no family left to speak of, so she surrounded herself with many special friends that accepted her into their families as a precious "aunt". She will be deeply missed by her "family" that was made up of Sharon & Mitchell Robbins, Marilyn Jarvi, Norm Twork, Ann Twork, Clara Twork, Jack & Margaret Coudret, Aretha McNair & family, and Julie & Mike Neal. She will also be missed by her special neighbors including Faith & Barb who looked out for Fannie and her home. She was a kind and spunky lady who will be missed by all who knew and loved her.
A visitation for Frances will be held Thursday, June 7, 2018 from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Harry J. Will Funeral Home, 25450 Plymouth Road, Redford Township, Michigan 48239. The visitation will conclude with a service to celebrate her life and her home-going. The service will be led by Reverend Mark Raitz. Fannie will be laid to rest next to her husband on Friday, June 8, 2018 at 11:30 AM at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Lansing, Michigan.
A special thank you to all of Fannie's doctors and caregivers who are too many to name.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared in the guest book.
- The Late Wlademar E. Schmidt, Husband
- The Late Norman Twork, Companion
- Sharon & Mitchell Robbins, Special Friends
- Marilyn Jarvi, Special Friend
- Norm Twork Jr., and family, Special Friends
- Ann Twork, Special Friend
- Clara Twork, Special Friend
- Jack & Margaret Coudret, Special Friends
- Aretha McNair and family, Special Friends
- Julie & Mike Neal, Special Friends
- Fannie will also be missed by her special friends and neighbors, Faith and Barb.
- Visitation Thursday, June 7, 2018
- Celebration of Life and Going Home Thursday, June 7, 2018
- Committal Service and Burial Friday, June 8, 2018