Silvio Luigi Barile Sr.
December 26, 1938 – February 16, 2019
Silvio Luigi Barile, Sr. passed away on February 16, 2019 at the age of 80 years old. Silvio was born in Ausonia, Italy on December 26, 1938 to parents Antonio and Ida Barile. He immigrated to the United States with his family in 1954.
Known affectionately in the community for his bakery serving homemade bread, pizza, pepperoni rolls, and cannolis since 1960, Silvio was also a self-taught artist creating large scale statues depicting Roman, Italian, and American history. Silvio proudly shared the stories behind his art with university students, guided tour groups, fellow artists, and an amazing contingent of loyal customers spanning generations from Redford and the surrounding communities.
Silvio is survived by his children Anthony (Angela) Barile, Silvio (Lindsey) Barile, Jr.; siblings, Angelo Barile and Caterina Canini. Cherished grandfather of Nash, Keegan, Wyatt, Aubrey, Holly, and Liliana. Preceded by parents Antonio and Ida Barile, brother Salvo (Giuseppa) Barile, and daughter, Lisa (George) Margitan. Silvio will also be remembered by his numerous nieces, nephews, extended family and friends.
Friends may visit from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at Harry J. Will Funeral Home 25450 Plymouth Road, Redford Charter Twp, Michigan. Visitation continues on Thursday, February 21, 2019 at Harry J. Will Funeral Home from 10-11a.m, service at 11a.m. Burial immediately following at Detroit Memorial Park West Cemetery. Fond memories of Silvio and expressions of sympathy for the family may be shared at his online guestbook.
- Anthony (Angela) Barile, Son
- Silvio (Lindsey) Barile, Jr., Son
- Angelo Barile and Caterina Canini, Siblings
- Nash, Keegan, Wyatt, Aubrey, Holly, and Liliana, Grandchildren
- Preceded in death by parents Antonio and Ida Barile, brother Salvo (Giuseppa) Barile and daughter Lisa (George) Margitan
- Visitation Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Rosary Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Continued Visitation Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, February 21, 2019