Floy Lucille Brown
July 18, 1918 – May 4, 2019
Floy Lucille (Murray) Brown, 100, of Temple, passed away peacefully at home on Saturday, May 4, 2019. She was the loving wife of the late Raymond Daniel Brown, Sr.
Born in Somerset Co. on July 18, 1918, a daughter of the late Charles William and Mary Elizabeth (Mankermyer) Murray. Floy was a member of Spring Valley Church of God. She was employed with the former Western Electric and Lucent Technologies as an inspector for many years before she retired in early 1980. Prior to that, she worked at Palmer's Candy.
Floy enjoyed spending time with her family. Her favorite family events were picnics and Sunday dinner.
Surviving are her two children, Janice Sharon (Brown) Fisher, wife of the late, Donald S. Fisher of Laureldale and Raymond Daniel Brown, Jr. of Temple; three grandchildren, Donny L. Fisher and his wife, Nancy of Bernville, Troy L. Fisher and his wife, Lori of Blandon and Corrine E. (Brown) Haggard of NC; nine great grandchildren, David, Douglas, Devin, Matthew, Justin, Sarah, Haley,Harrison and Hayden; two great great grandchildren, Wyatt and Sophia and one more on the way; her sister, June (Murray) Tiday and her husband, Russell of Carlisle, a grandson-in-law, Henry Yoh of Reading and a sister-in-law, Dortha "Dot" Brown of Somerset Co.
Also surviving are many nieces, nephews, cousins, extended family and her puppy, Bentley.
In addition to her parents and her husband, Floy is predeceased by a son, Gerald Robert Brown; a grandchild, Stacy L. Yoh; seven brothers, Lester, Fredrick, Blaine, Vernon, Thomas, Robert and Ray Murray and two sisters, Evelyn (Murray) Brown and Eleanor (Murray) Bittner.
Services for Floy are at 12:30pm on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 in Auman's Inc. Funeral Home, 390 W. Neversink Rd., Reading, PA 19606. A viewing will be in the funeral home on Wednesday from 11:30am to 12:30pm. Floy will be laid to rest beside Raymond, Sr. in Forest Hills Memorial Park, Reading.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to the Vision Research Center, 2020 Hampden Blvd., Reading, PA 19604 or City Light Ministries, 246 N. 9th St., Reading, PA 19601.
Fond memories and online condolences may be made at www.AumanInc.com
- Charles William Murray, Father
- Mary Elizabeth Murray, Mother
- Raymond Daniel Brown Sr., Spouse
- Janice Sharon Fisher, Daughter
- Raymond Daniel Brown Jr., Son
- Donny L. Fisher, Grandchild
- Nancy Fisher, Grandchild-in-law
- Troy L. Fisher, Grandchild
- Lori Fisher, Grandchild-in-law
- Corrine E. Haggard, Grandchild
- David Fisher, Great Grandchild
- Douglas Fisher, Great Grandchild
- Devin Fisher, Great Grandchild
- Matthew Fisher, Great Grandchild
- Justin Fisher, Great Grandchild
- Sarah Fisher, Great Grandchild
- Haley Haggard, Great Grandchild
- Harrison Haggard, Great Grandchild
- Hayden Haggard, Great Grandchild
- June Tiday, Sister
- Henry Yoh, Grandson-in-law
- Dortha "Dot" Brown, Sister-in-law
- Gerald Robert Brown, Son
- Donald S. Fisher, Son-in-law
- Stacy L. Yoh, Grandchild
- Lester Murray, Brother
- Fredrick Murray, Brother
- Blaine Murray, Brother
- Vernon Murray, Brother
- Thomas Murray, Brother
- Robert Murray, Brother
- Ray Murray, Brother
- Evelyn Brown, Sister
- Eleanor Bittner, Sister
- Also surviving are two great great grandchildren, Wyatt and Sophia and one more on the way; nieces, nephews, cousins, extended family and her puppy, Bentley.
Vision Research Center
2020 Hampden Blvd., Reading, Pennsylvania 19604
City Light Ministries
246 N. 9th St., Reading, Pennsylvania 19601
- Viewing Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Floy Lucille Brown
May 7, 2019
I was so sorry to learn that Mrs. Brown passed on . She was a wonderful woman and a great mother to my friend, Janice. I remember her fondly and know that she is at peace.