June Winifred Lamonica
June 15, 1933 – March 8, 2018
June Winifred (Harding) Lamonica, 84 passed away on Thursday, March 8, 2018. She was the loving spouse of the late Russell Lamonica. Sadly, Russell passed away in 1983.
Born June 15, 1933 in Mohnton to Edna Mae (Witmer) and Irvin Harding. She was employed with the Berkshire Knitting Mills for several years before working at Penn Optical in manufacturing for 35 years. Later, she worked at Weis Supermarket in Shillington tending to the salad bar for 20 years.
June enjoyed walking and sometimes walked five miles a day. She also enjoyed gardening and going on vacations. She loved spending time with her great granddaughter.
Survivors include her daughter, Laureen "Laurie" K. Lamonica of Shillington, granddaughter, Stephanie E. (Thompson) Benedict and her husband, Lew; great granddaughter, Elena Grace Benedict; step great granddaughters, Ella and Olivia Benedict; her brothers, Allen Harding and his wife Ethel and Eugene Harding and his wife, Nancy and a sister, Betty (Harding) Latshaw.
Also surviving are several nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents and husband; June is preceded in death by her son, Russell "Rusty" Lamonica, Jr.; two brothers, Henry and Lee Harding and two sisters, Barbara (Harding) Lonenberger and Shirley Harding.
Family and friends are welcome to a viewing on Thursday, March 22, 2018 in Auman's Inc. Funeral Home, 390 W. Neversink Rd., Reading, PA 19606 from 7 to 8pm. Funeral service will follow the viewing in the funeral home on Thursday evening at 8pm. Inurnment committal will be Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 11am in Pleasantview Cemetery, 650 Fritztown Rd., Sinking Spring, PA 19608.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the The COPD Foundation, 3300 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, FL 33134
Fond memories and online condolences can be shared at www.AumansInc.com.
- Edna Mae Harding, Mother
- Irvin Harding, Father
- Russell Lamonica, Spouse
- Russell "Rusty" Lamonica Jr., Son
- Laureen "Laurie" K. Lamonica, Daughter
- Stephanie Elaine Benedict, Granddaughter
- Lewis "Lew" Benedict, Grandson
- Elena Grace Benedict, Great Granddaughter
- Ella Benedict, Great Granddaughter
- Olivia Benedict, Great Granddaughter
- Allen Harding, Brother
- Ethel Harding, Sister-in-law
- Eugene "Gene" Harding, Brother
- Nancy Harding, Sister-in-law
- Betty Latshaw, Sister
- Also surviving are several nieces and nephews. June is preceded an death by her tow brothers, Henry and Lee Harding; and tow sisters, Barbara Lonenberger and Shirley Harding.
The COPD Foundation
3300 Ponce de Leon Blvd. , Coral Gables, Florida 33134
- Viewing Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, March 22, 2018
June Winifred Lamonica
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
March 19, 2018
Laurie, very sorry to hear about your mom. Do you remember south 8 street? She was a great neighbor and help to my family. As were all of you. A lot of good memories