May 10, 1925 – September 24, 2019
William Seifert, age 94, of Reading, entered eternal life on September 24, 2019, Berks Heim. He was born May 10, 1925 in Beckersville, PA, to the late Francis J. Seifert and Lizzie (Phillips) Seifert.
William is a US Army veteran of World War II and Korea, where he earned several medals, including the European African Middle Eastern Service Medal, National defense service medal, World War II victory medal, and a good conduct medal. He was also awarded a “Ruptured Duck” lapel button for his honorable service during World War II. When William returned from battle, he took up the trade of painter and paperhanger and became the proud business owner of Wm. Seirfert Painting and paper hanging. He never really retired because he would happily help anyone he could with his talents.
In addition to his parents, William was greeted in heaven by; four brothers: Harry, Raymond, Francis and Daniel Seifert; five sisters: Florence Bergman, Katie Fetter, Mable Forster, Edith Beam and Betty Worley. His spirit is carried on by his brother Paul Seifert and a host of nieces and nephews.
Funeral services have been entrusted to the staff of Auman’s Inc. Funeral Home, 390 W. Neversink Rd., Reiffton. Visitation will be held at the funeral home Sunday, September 29, 2019, from 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., and prayer services will commence at 4:30 p.m. Graveside inurnment services with military honors will be held on Monday, September 30, 2019 at 2p.m, at Forest Hills Memorial Park, 391 W. Neversink Rd., Reiffton.
In lieu of flowers, William’s family requests memorial contributions to be made to Shriners Hospitals for Children Philadelphia Unit by visiting https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/philadelphia or by mail at, PO BOX 40, Blandon, PA 19522
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.Aumansinc.com for the Seifert family.
- Harry Seifert, Brother (deceased)
- Francis J Seifert, Father (deceased)
- Lizzie Seifert, Mother (deceased)
- Paul Seifert, Brother
- Raymond Seifert, Brother (deceased)
- Daniel Seifert, Brother (deceased)
- Francis Seifert, Brother (deceased)
- Florence Bergman, Sister (deceased)
- Katie Fetter, Sister (deceased)
- Mable Forster, Sister (deceased)
- Edith Beam, Sister (deceased)
- William will also be forever remembered by his numerous nieces and nephews.
- Viewing Sunday, September 29, 2019
- Funeral Service Sunday, September 29, 2019
- Inurnment Monday, September 30, 2019
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY