James Nathan Quarles Jr.
December 10, 1941 – August 7, 2018
James Nathan Quarles, Jr., 76, passed away on August 7 at Hospice Ministries in Ridgeland, MS.
James, a resident of Jackson, MS, was born December 10, 1941. He is preceded in death by parents James Quarles, Sr. and Ann (Robinson) and sisters Glenda and Carol Ann. He was a devoted church member and enjoyed spending time with family and friends. James worked in the trucking industry, served in the US Marine Reserves and is remembered well for his salutation, "It's going to be a great day!"
James is survived by daughters Beth Wetzel (Jack), Christie Biggs (Greg), Lisa Douglas (Steve); grandchildren Jeremy Wetzel (Stefanie), Hannah Wetzel, and Lauren Wetzel; and cousin Lee Ellen Ford (Terry) and family; and three nieces.
A memorial service will be held at 2:00 pm, Sunday, August 19, with visitation one hour prior at Parkway Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to Hospice Ministries in Ridgeland.
Your family and friends will always carry your memory in our hearts.
- Beth and husband Jack Wetzel, Daughter
- Christie and husband Greg Biggs, Daughter
- Lisa and husband Steve Douglas, Daughter
- Mr. Quarles also leaves his grandchildren, Jeremy Wetzel (Stefanie), Hannah Wetzel, and Lauren Wetzel; cousin, Lee Ellen Ford (Terry) and family; and three nieces to cherish his memory.
450 Towne Center Blvd, Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157
- Visitation Sunday, August 19, 2018
- Memorial Service Sunday, August 19, 2018