Eleanor LoRee Maughan
May 2, 1932 – January 15, 2020
Eleanor LoRee Maughan born May 2nd, 1932 passed away peacefully on January 15th, 2020 surrounded by her family.
She was preceded in death by her husband Thomas Morgan Maughan, sisters: Raydean Christiansen, Dorothy Anderson, and brother, Don Roberts.She is survived by her children: Catherine Jensen (Kevin), Robert Thomas Maughan (Michelle), Debra Stanley (Michael), Richard Dean Maughan (Katharine), 16 grandchildren, and 42 great grandchildren.
She was a dedicated wife, mother, sister, and friend. She loved chocolate, reading, word searches, ceramics, sewing, and taking in the needy. She loved spending time with her family, BYU football, and traveling with her husband. She was an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She served as a temple worker and she and her husband served a mission in Dallas Fort Worth Texas, and had many other callings in the church. She will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved her.
Services will be held at the church located at 4460 West Courtney Drive, West Valley City, Utah 84120 on January 25, 2020 at 10:00 am with a viewing one hour prior.
Eleanor will be laid to rest at the Wellsville City Cemetery located at 400 North 200 East in Wellsville, Utah.
- Thomas Morgan Maughan, Husband (deceased)
- Catherine Jensen (Kevin), Daughter
- Robert Thomas Maughan (Michelle), Son
- Debra Stanley (Michael), Daughter
- Richard Dean Maughan (Katharine), Son
- Raydean Christiansen, Sister (deceased)
- Dorothy Anderson, Sister (deceased)
- Don Roberts, Brother (deceased)
- Mrs. Maughan also leaves behind 16 grandchildren and 42 great grandchildren.
- Visitation Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Funeral Service Saturday, January 25, 2020