Alexander-White-Mullen Funeral Home and Mt Lebanon Cemetery
11101 Saint Charles Rock Road, St. Ann, MO
Gladys L Hamann
March 20, 1921 – February 8, 2020
Gladys L. Hamann, age 98, passed peacefully on Saturday, February 8, 2020, at home, surrounded by her loving family.
Gladys was born March 20, 1921, in Annapolis, Missouri, to her parents Albert and Flora Middleton Cook. She married the love of her life, Charles Hamann, Sr., in 1936 and they had a beautiful life together until his passing in 1979. Together they raised two children.
She was cook and manager of the Wedge Restaurant, worked as a supervisor on the bottling line at John Bardenheier Wine and Liquor Company and worked part-time at a sheltered workshop.
After her husband’s retirement they moved to the home they built together in Piedmont, Missouri. There they enjoyed entertaining their friends and family and their grandchildren treasure the memories of summers spent with them.
When her husband passed, she lived with her daughter and son-in-law, Sharon and Clacy Pruitt. They lived very happily together for over 30 years and lovingly cared for one another. Together they Christmas-shopped in June, baked cookies with their grandchildren, and made Grandma’s famous vegetable soup.
The final year of her life she lived with her granddaughter and grandson-in-law, Theresa and Joe Fischer. There she discovered and loved weekends at the lake spent on the boat, getting manicures and pedicures, the joy of hearing aids, and eating dinner at 9. She made many wonderful memories and friends at Serenity Adult Day Center where she took advantage of every fieldtrip they offered.
Gladys was known as Grandma to all who met her in the last several decades of her life and she was the beloved matriarch of the family. She was the mother of two, grandmother of 6, great-grandmother of 16, great-great-grandmother of 8 and honorary grandmother to many. She loved and spoiled everyone she met and added their names to her very long prayer list.
Grandma loved pinochle games, her soap operas, reading a good romance novel, coloring and puzzles, and a good cup of coffee and a bite of something sweet. She was 4 foot 6 inches and 103 pounds of heart and energy and bursting with love and personality. Everyone that ever met her loved her and she loved them. Being on the receiving end of one of her smiles was one of God’s greatest gifts.
She was the beloved wife of the late Charles H. Hamann, Sr.; loving mother of Sharon (Clacy) Pruitt and the late Charles H. (the late Barbara) Hamann, Jr.; dear grandmother of Lisa (the late Bill) Silliman, Theresa (Joe) Fischer, David (Diana) Fitzgerald, Karen (Kurt) Schulte, Stephen Pruitt, and the late Donna Hamann; great-grandmother of Billy, Anna, Erica Silliman; Christina (Mike), Christopher (Vanessa), Zachary, and Joshua Fitzgerald; Garrett (Rhea), Julia (Kevin), and Marissa Fischer; Michael (Terry) Wilper; Stephen Pruitt, Jr., Krista (Ryan) McCormack, Anthony Pruitt, and Kelley Pruitt; and the late Alex Wichman; great-great-grandmother of London, Brixton, Danielle, Cara, Jaxson, Noah, Owen, and the late Jameson; son of the late Albert and Flora (nee Middleton) Cook; dear sister of the late Vernon (June) Cook, Myrtle (Carl) Thompson, Joe (Ruth) Cook, Mary (Delbert) Holland, and Shirley Kell.
SERVICES: Visitation 1pm until time of service at 4pm on Saturday, February 15, 2020 ALEXANDER-WHITE-MULLEN Funeral Home 11101 St. Charles Rock Rd., St. Ann, MO 63074. Interment private. Please join the family in our East Chapel for a reception following the service.
- Albert Cook, Father (deceased)
- Flora Middleton Cook, Mother (deceased)
- Charles Henry Hamann, Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Charles Henry (Barbara) Hamann, Jr., Son (deceased)
- Sharon (Clacy) Pruitt, Daughter
- Donna Hamann, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Lisa (the late Bill) Silliman, Granddaughter
- Billy Silliman, Great-Grandson
- Anna Silliman, Great-Granddaughter
- Erica Silliman, Great-Granddaughter
- Theresa (Joe) Fischer, Granddaughter
- Garrett (Rhea) Fischer, Great-Grandson
- Julia (Kevin) Fischer, Great-Granddaughter
- Marissa Fischer, Great-Granddaughter
- David (Diana) Fitzgerald, Grandson
- Christina (Mike) Fitzgerald, Great-Granddaughter
- London Fitzgerald, Great-Great-Granddaughter
- Brixton Fitzgerald, Great-Great-Grandson
- Christopher (Vanessa) Fitzgerald, Great-Grandson
- Zachary Fitzgerald, Great-Grandson
- Joshua Fitzgerald, Great-Grandson
- Karen (Kurt) Schulte, Granddaughter
- Michael (Terry) Wilper, Great-Grandson
- Danielle Schulte, Great-Great-Granddaughter
- Cara Wilper, Great-Great-Granddaughter
- Alex Wichman, Great-Grandson (deceased)
- Stephen Pruitt, Grandson
- Stephen Pruitt, Jr., Great-Grandson
- Krista (Ryan) McCormack, Great-Granddaughter
- Jaxson McCormack, Great-Great-Grandson
- Jameson McCormack, Great-Great-Grandson (deceased)
- Noah McCormack, Great-Great-Grandson
- Kelley Pruitt, Great-Granddaughter
- Owen Tornabene, Great-Great-Grandson
- Vernon (June) Cook, Brother (deceased)
- Myrtle (Carl) Thompson, Sister (deceased)
- Joe (Ruth) Cook, Brother (deceased)
- Mary (Delbert) Holland, Sister (deceased)
- Shirley Kell, Sister (deceased)
- Visitation Saturday, February 15, 2020
- Funeral Saturday, February 15, 2020
IN THE CARE OF