October 22, 1933 – July 4, 2018
BRENNAN, Dorothy A. “Dottie” (nee Gantner) fortified with the sacraments of Holy Mother Church on July 4, 2018. Beloved wife for 61 years of John A. Brennan, Jr.; dear mother of John A. (Angela) III, James, Patrick (Janet), Ann (Todd) Buss, and Christopher (Elizabeth) Brennan; dear grandmother of Grace, Alex, Jimmy, Tori, Katie, Kelly, Kaitlyn, and Ellie; dear aunt, cousin, and friend to many.
Dottie lit up any room with her smile and had a lifelong passion for tennis, golf, reading, and tapdancing. A graduate of Visitation Academy, Dottie earned her Bachelor Degree in education and taught kindergarten for a short time. She was a member of the Maryville Alumni Board as well as the St. Louis University Advisory Board. She will be missed by "The Madames" as well. Many thanks to Mari de Villa Skilled Nursing and St. Luke’s Hospice. A special thanks to Dr. David Galli.
SERVICES: Visitation 4-8pm Sunday, July 8 at KRIEGSHAUSER WEST CHAPEL 9450 Olive Blvd., Olivette. Mass of Christian Burial 10am Monday, July 9 at Our Lady of the Pillar Catholic Church 401 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Interment Resurrection Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials to St. Patrick Center appreciated.
- George Gantner, Father
- Dorothy (nee Andrews) Gantner, Mother
- John A. "Jack" Brennan Jr., Husband
- John A. (Angela) Brennan III, Son
- Grace Brennan, Granddaughter
- James Brennan, Son
- Alexandria Brennan, Granddaughter
- James Brennan Jr., Grandson
- Victoria Brennan, Granddaughter
- Patrick (Janet) Brennan, Son
- Katie Brennan, Granddaughter
- Kelly Brennan, Granddaughter
- Ann (Todd) Buss, Daughter
- Kaitlyn Buss, Granddaughter
- Ellie Buss, Granddaughter
- Christopher (Elizabeth) Brennan, Son
- George E. (the late Genevieve) Gantner M.D., Brother
- John A. Brennan, III
- Jim Brennan
- Pat Brennan
- Chris Brennan
- Todd Buss
- Rob Brennan
- St. Patrick Center
- Visitation Sunday, July 8, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Monday, July 9, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
July 8, 2018
For the last hour I have been remembering shared times with Dottie and Jack at the American Red Cross. As volunteers they contributed much in providing quality service to people in our metro area. As a staff member I worked closely with Dottie. Her leadership skills were outstanding. Even more so was her postive attitude. She brought joy to our work place.
I benefited from working side by side with Dottie. Prayers are sent to Jack and family.