George T. Henderson
October 16, 1935 – February 6, 2019
George Todd Henderson, 83, asleep in Jesus on Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
George was the beloved husband of Sandra D. (nee' Rogers) Henderson; cherished father of Barbara Carol, Gary Louis (Janice), Rayphail (Diane/Darlene), Darryl Hannah, David Sampson, Patrick (Cheryl) Henderson, Melissa (Robbie) Mifflin, and Justin Michael Henderson, and dear step-father of John Douglas (Machelle) Henderson; dear brother of Thaddeus Stewart (Dorothy), Alice Pearl Smith, the late Roy Wesley (Emma), Carroll "Carl" Chester, the late Hannah Ruth (the late Porter) Miles, the late Ida Mildred (the late Lee Earl) Christian; loving grandfather and great-grandfather, uncle, great-uncle, cousin, and friend to many.
George was born in Raymond, Mississippi on October 16, 1935. He enjoyed gardening, fishing, and just being in the outdoors. He worked for 36 years at McDonnell-Douglas/Boeing as a chemical processor and was a member of Local 837.
George enjoyed the company of his many friends. He spent his free time playing in an bowling league, he enjoyed Branson, horse racing, and his big passion was vegetable gardening, growing everything from peas to sweet potatoes. He was known for his sweet potatoes.
George and Sandra joined Faith Church Saint Louis over 8 years ago, and appreciate the faith and fellowship they have experienced there. Special thanks to Pastor Jack Hembree from Bethel Fellowship Assembly of God for his many visits to the hospital and his words of comfort and compassion.
Visitation will be Friday, February 15, from 9-10:30am at Kriegshauser West Mortuary, 9450 Olive Blvd., 63132, with a Celebration of George's Life from 10:30am until 11:30am.
Please leave your favorite memory of George for his family to cherish at the "Add a Memory" link below.
- Thaddeus Stewart Henderson Sr., Father
- Cora Beatrice (nee' Blake) Henderson, Mother
- Sandra Darlene (nee' Rogers) Henderson, Wife
- Barbara Carol Henderson, Daughter
- Gary Louis (Janice) Henderson, Son
- Rayphail (Diane/Darlene) Henderson, Son
- Darryl Hannah, Son
- David Sampson, Son
- Patrick Lynell (Cheryl) Henderson, Son
- Melissa (Robbie) Mifflin, Daughter
- Justin Michael Henderson, Son
- John Douglas (Machelle) Henderson (Step-, Son
- Thaddeus Stewart (Dorothy) Henderson Jr., Brother
- Alice Pearl (the late Floyd) Smith, Sister
- the late Roy Wesley (Emma) Henderson, Brother
- the late Hannah Ruth (the late Porter) Miles, Sister
- Carroll "Carl" Chester Henderson, Brother
- the late Ida Mildred (the late Lee Earl) Christian, Sister
- Infant Henderson, Sister
- George is also survived by many grandchildren and great-grandchildren
- Justin Michael Henderson
- Rayphail Henderson
- Gary Henderson
- Demone Smith
- Alexander Christian
- Patrick Henderson
- Alerion Smith, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kristopher Smith, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ahmed Johnson, Honorary Pallbearer
- William Gregory, Honorary Pallbearer
- Zach Braden, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kyle Colenburg, Honorary Pallbearer
- Carlee Christian, Honorary Pallbearer
- Brandon Smith, Honorary Pallbearer
- Antonio Fisher Henderson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, February 15, 2019
- A Celebration of George's Life Friday, February 15, 2019
George T. Henderson
February 11, 2019
My sweet Uncle George,
Im missing you so very much ,but i know you have that smile or little smirk on your face looking down and protecting us. I can hear you still calling me “ well hey Alabama or Amber bamber” I’m grataful to have you as my uncle ! I’m grateful to have so many memories and lots of selfies with you too:) I’m thankful that just a couple of weeks ago we had some alone time in the Hospital to chat and talk about things going on and life AND i killed that bug that tried to make its way into your room . We both just laughed and told that bug “not today “ . I just have so many blessed moments as a family and with you and that is what keeps me going everyday . I love you Uncle George forever an aaalllllways.
Your Alabama ❤️
February 11, 2019
February 11, 2019
This is the great man, the beloved uncle Sonny, that always shared his time, wisdom, childhood stories, vegetables and my favorite...his sweet watermelons.
The world just won’t be the same place without him.
This man has remained a source of love and stability from childhood to adulthood. It just doesn’t seem normal for me not to be able to see or talk to him. But, uncle Sonny, be at peace. Kiss and hug the family in heaven and I will look for you when it’s my turn. I will always LOVE you. I am forever grateful for the role model you gave to me. Thank you for loving my mother enough to show love to all of her children ❤️
February 10, 2019
Dad, I thank GOD for sharing you with us for 83 years. The Bible says, " to be absent from the body, is to be present with the LORD", with this being stated, I am assured you are resting in the bosom of JESUS. I will miss your smile, laughter and joking, and hearing you tell me "I love you"!!! Know that you were loved by so many, and affected many lives. Please don't put the " hammer down" on anyone in heaven, lol😊😊😊!!! Rest in heaven Daddy. We all loved you, but GOD loved you best, Amen!!! ❤❤❤
February 9, 2019
George, my precious brother-in -law, you will be greatly missed. We’ve shared 25+ years of family holidays, Birthday celebrations and all the good times in between. So thankful God brought you into our lives when you married my sister, Sandy. What a joy you have been in our lives and all the memories of laughter we have shared. We will really miss your smile & your laughter. We know you’re suffering is over and you are now in your heavenly home. I love you so much brother. Until we meet agin. 💛
February 8, 2019
Death is a heartache that no one can heal
But love cleaves a memory that no one can steal