Norma Mae Newell
January 27, 1929 – September 17, 2019
Norma Mae “Bommarito” Newell (nee: Neis) passed away peacefully on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 with her children by her side. She is preceded in death by her husband William “Doc” Newell and sons Steven and Ben Bommarito. Loving mother of Tony (Victoria) Bommarito, Donna (Mike) Shipp, Becky (Tim) Ortinau. Dear grandmother of Dana (Brian) Maness, Zachary, Gabrielle and Natalie Ortinau, Jay (Jeannie), Chris and Tara Shipp. Dear great-grandmother of 3. Norma has one surviving sister, Rose Travers. Our dear aunt and friend to many.
We will forever miss her spunky wit, her warm smile and the twinkle in her eye.
In lieu of flowers, please make expressions of sympathy in Norma’s memory to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The funeral service will be conducted in the Chapel of Hoffmeister South County Chapel 1515 Lemay Ferry Road on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. Interment will follow in Lakewood Park Cemetery.
Visitation at Hoffmeister South County on Thursday 4-8 p.m. Please share memories and offer condolences at hoffmeistsersouthcounty.com
- William "Doc" Newell, Husband (deceased)
- Steven Bommarito, Son (deceased)
- Ben Bommarito, Son (deceased)
- Tony (Victoria) Bommarito, Son
- Donna (Mike) Shipp, Daughter
- Becky (Tim) Ortinau, Daughter
- Dana (Brian) Maness, Granddaughter
- Zachary Ortinau, Grandson
- Gabrielle Ortinau, Granddaughter
- Natalie Ortinau, Granddaughter
- Jay (Jeannie) Shipp, Grandson
- Chris Shipp, Grandson
- Tara Shipp, Granddaughter
- Rose Travers, Sister
Dear Great-Grandmother of 3.
Our Dear Aunt and Friend to many.
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Visitation-Hoffmeister South County Chapel Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Funeral Service-Hoffmeister South County Chapel Friday, September 20, 2019
- Committal Service-Lakewood Park Cemetery Friday, September 20, 2019