Linda Courville Bourque
December 4, 1949 – November 21, 2020
Linda Courville Bourque, a loving mother, grandmother, sister and friend, passed away peacefully Saturday, November 21, 2020 at Lafayette General Medical Center. She was 70.
Linda was born December 4, 1949 in Catahoula to the late Dewey Courville and the late Madia Latiolais Courville, and was the youngest of four children. She worked briefly with Martin Mills and as housekeeping supervisor with a local hotel in Breaux Bridge, but was most proud of being a homemaker, wife, mother and grandmother.
Linda was a gentle soul who loved everyone she met. She especially loved drinking coffee and have long conversations with family and friends. Throughout her life she was a mentor to many people. Her kind words, genuine concern, and wise advise helped others traverse their course in life. She will aways be remembered as a great person with an angelic soul.
She is survived by her four children, Gary Troy Bourque (Marla), Todd Anthony Bourque, Rene’ Nicole Patin (David) and Crystal Ann Bourque; her grandchildren whom she adored, Camile Bourque, Ian Bourque, Jasmine Bourque and Aaron Bourque and Chloe Patin; and her brother, Herbert Bin Courville.
Along with her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, John Bourque; and her brother and sister, Herman Courville and Lee Anna Courville Savoy.
In keeping with our mother’s wishes, private services will be held at a later date.
Family and friends are invited to share the memories and condolences by visiting Linda’s memorial page at www.evangelinefuneralhome.com
Evangeline Funeral Home of St. Martinville was in charge of arrangements.
- Gary Troy Bourque (Marla), Son
- Todd Anthony Bourque, Son
- Rene Nicole Patin (David), Daughter
- Crystal Ann Bourque, Daughter
- Camille Bourque, Granddaughter
- Ian Bourque, Grandson
- Jasmine Bourque, Granddaughter
- Aaron Bourque, Grandson
- Chloe Patin, Granddaughter
- Herbert Bin Courville, Brother
- John Davey Bourque, Husband (deceased)
- Madia Latiolais Courville, Mother (deceased)
- Dewey Courville, Father (deceased)
- Herman Courville, Brother (deceased)
- Lee Anna Courville Savoy, Sister (deceased)
Learn more about the Bourque name