Patricia Yvonne Patton
July 10, 1934 – July 17, 2019
Patricia Yvonne Reese was born July 10, 1934 in Hickory, North Carolina to William Floyd and Billie Seale Reese, Jr. She was born a coal miner's daughter, raised in Harlan County, Kentucky. She was the youngest of 6 siblings. She enlisted in the U.S. Air Force as a WAAF on August 29, 1952, in Chicago, Illinois. While stationed in Carswell AFB in Fort Worth, Texas, she met the love of her life, Donald Wayne Patton. They Married on February 5, 1954 and spent 65 years together. She received an honorable discharge on June 8, 1954 as an Airman 2nd Class Senior Communications Specialist with a Top-Secret Clearance. Pat made her life's work raising 3 children, taking care of Don and serving the Lord.
Pat was a popular young lady in school, serving as a flag bearer for the band and was an honor student. Her talents came to light when she wrote articles for the Redbook Reminiscence, and the Jail Record, the local Jal, New Mexico Newspaper. She also shared her "recipe" on a national television show, where she prepared Don's favorite meal with viewers.
Pat became a Christian in 1956. She spent her life teaching bible classes in Sheffield, Ozona and Big Lake, Texas and in Jal, New Mexico. Many young men and women have come back to thank her for the foundation she gave them to begin serving the Lord.
Pat is survived by her husband, Donald Wayne of San Angelo, Texas, daughter Pamela Gail Fowler and husband Jerry of Austin, daughter Peggy Dell Creel and husband Gerald of San Angelo, and son Nelson Wayne Patton and wife Terri of Midland. She is survived by her sister Elizabeth Fruechtnicht and husband Glenn. She is also survived by 12 grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren. Funeral services for Pat are at 10 am Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 9th and Main Street Church of Christ under the direction of Johnson's Funeral Home. Burial will follow at Johnson's Lawnhaven Memorial Gardens.
- William Floyd Reese Jr., Father (deceased)
- Billie Seale Reese, Mother (deceased)
- Donald Wayne Patton, Husband
- Pamela Gail (Jerry) Fowler, Daughter
- Peggy Dell (Gerald) Creel, Daughter
- Nelson Wayne (Terri) Patton, Son
- Elizabeth (Glenn) Fruechtnicht, Sister
- Mrs. Patton also leaves behind 12 grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Casey Fowler, Pallbearer
- Josh Fowler, Pallbearer
- Jordan Fowler, Pallbearer
- Gerald Creel, Pallbearer
- Cody Patton, Pallbearer
- Colton Patton, Pallbearer
- Harlan Brown, Honorary Pallbearer
- Lawson Patton, Honorary Pallbearer
- John Fowler, Honorary Pallbearer
- Lane Patton, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kelton Creel, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jordan Martinez, Honorary Pallbearer
- Harrison Creel, Honorary Pallbearer
- Cason Best, Honorary Pallbearer
- Quentin Fowler, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dylan Fowler, Honorary Pallbearer
- Darin Fowler, Honorary Pallbearer
- Bryson Best, Honorary Pallbearer
- Camden Brown, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dustin Fowler, Honorary Pallbearer
- Micah Best, Honorary Pallbearer
- Coby Best, Honorary Pallbearer
- Clint Best, Honorary Pallbearer
- Funeral Service Saturday, July 20, 2019
- Burial Saturday, July 20, 2019