Ruby Cecelia Ecker
May 28, 1918 – June 7, 2018
Ruby C. Ecker, 100, went to her eternal home on June 7, 2018. Visitation is scheduled for Sunday afternoon from 3 pm to 5 pm at Johnson's Funeral Home. A mass of Christian Burial is 2 p.m. Monday, June 11th at Sacred Heart Cathedral in San Angelo. Interment will be at 4 p.m. in St. Joseph's Cemetery in Rowena.
She was born to Andrew T. and Annie Straka Faltisek on May 28, 1918 in Rowena. She married Johnny F. Ecker on Jan 16, 1939 in Rowena. Ruby was devoted to her family but also loved taking care of her flower garden, sewing, playing cards, 88 and polka dancing. She loved getting together with family and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and a son-in-law, Steve Therault.
Left to cherish her memory are daughters, Ardone Therault of San Angelo, Arveal (Gary) Wimbish of Ft. Worth; five grandchildren, Debbie Campanaro, Cindy Rodgers, Greg Wimbish, John Wimbish, Wendy Averitt; 11 great grandchildren; and 5 great-great grandchildren.
Special thanks go to the Hospice of San Angelo and Visiting Angels.
Memorials may be made to the children's program at Sacred Heart, Hospice of San Angelo or the charity of your choice.
Services entrusted to Johnson's Funeral Home of San Angelo.
- Andrew Theodore Faltisek, Father
- Annie Straka Faltisek, Mother
- Johnny F. Ecker, Husband
- Ardone Therault, Daughter
- Steve Therault, Son-in-law
- Arveal (Gary) Wimbish, Daughter
- Debbie Campanaro, Granddaughter
- Cindy Rodgers, Granddaughter
- Greg Wimbish, Grandson
- John Wimbish, Grandson
- Wendy Averitt, Granddaughter
- Mrs. Ecker also leaves 11 great grandchildren, and 5 great great grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- John Wimbish
- Greg Wimbish
- Michael Osborne
- David Osborne
- Tony Multer
- Hospice of San Angelo
- Children's Program at Sacred Heart
- Visitation Sunday, June 10, 2018
- Mass of Christian Burial Monday, June 11, 2018
Ruby Cecelia Ecker
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY