Rebeca M. Garza
October 8, 1930 – April 7, 2018
Rebeca M. Garza went to her eternal rest on April 7, 2018 at the age of 87, she was born on October 8, 1930 in Laredo, Texas to Juan and Marcelina Mendoza. Rebeca was most proud of her roles as a devoted wife, loving mother and grandmother. She enjoyed being a homemaker and taking care of her children, Martha Alva (Charles), Rebecca Martinez (Robert), Mario Garza (Nellie), Anna Mendiola (Mike Olguin), Lorenzo Garza (Karen Lutz), Thelma Garza (Steve Boren). Rebeca was preceded in death by her husband of 48 years Antonio T. Garza and grandson Jay Mendiola and is also reunited in heaven with her parents and other loved ones. Rebeca is survived by her six children, 15 grandchildren and numerous great grandchildren and 4 brothers.
- Martha Alva (Charles), Daughter
- Rebecca Martinez (Robert), Daughter
- Mario Garza (Nellie), Son
- Anna Mendiola (Mike Olguin), Daughter
- Lorenzo Garza (Karen Lutz), Son
- Thelma Garza (Steve Boren), Daughter
- Antonio T. Garza, Beloved Husband of 48 Years
- Jay Mendiola, Grandson
- Juan & Marcelina Mendoza, Parents
- Mrs. Rebeca M. Garza also leaves behind to cherish her memory her 15 Grandchildren, numerous Great Grandchildren, 4 brothers, numerous nieces and nephews, extended family members and friends.
- Visitation Thursday, April 12, 2018
- Funeral Mass Friday, April 13, 2018
- Committal Service Friday, April 13, 2018
Rebeca M. Garza
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Jojo N Yoly Alva
April 13, 2018
Some of my best memories were when she would wake me up at 4 a.m. to eat homemade tortillas and chorizo and egg and then send me back to bed until it was time for me to get up to go to school. Also when I would wake up early in the morning before she would start cooking I would see her at the kitchen table praying.
April 11, 2018
I have some real fond memories of my big sister. One is her smile she always had one on. Two she always had a fresh batch of tortillas and pot of beans. Three she welcomed all to her home. Rest in peace Sis and say hello to everyone around you. You will live in my heart and memory forever!