Juanita Mejía Lemus
October 3, 1924 – November 22, 2019
Juana Mejía Lemus (Juanita), passed away at the age of 95, on November 22, 2019, Orange, California.
Juanita was the widow of José Perez Lemus. They shared 50 years of marriage.
Juanita was born in Mexico; she was the daughter of Antioco Mejía and Maria Colin Mejía.
Visitation will take place at Fairhaven Memorial Park, Waverly Chapel, Santa Ana, California, on Thursday, December 5, 2019, 5:00pm-9:00pm.
A Rosary Service will take place during the visitation hours, at 7:00pm. Deacon Gerhard Stadel, of Holy Family Cathedral will officiate.
The Funeral Mass will be held at 10:00am on Friday, December 6, 2019 at Holy Family Cathedral. Father Rudy Alumam, of Holy Family Cathedral will be officiating.
Memorial Reception, immediately following the Mass.
Burial will take place on Monday, December 9, 2019 at 11:00am at Santa Ana Cemetery.
Juanita is survived by daughters, Norma Lemus, Sandra (Jerry) Nakano, Bertha (Michael) Gomez, Estela (Alex) Garcia and Juanita (Johnny) Velasquez; sons, Daniel Lemus (Susanne Van Horsen), Jose (Mary) Lemus, and David Lemus; grandchildren, Stephen Lemus, Adriana Lemus, Nico Lemus, Elisa (Bobby) Brayton, Matthew Gomez, Jacob Gomez, Thomas Garcia, Veronica (Josh) Melendez, Alex Garcia, Jessica (Chris) Hopkins, John Velasquez, Joseph (Gracie) Velasquez; great-grandchildren, Shaien Lemus, Jaelyn Brayton, Coco Brayton, Naomi Brayton, Abbey Melendez, Jessie Melendez, Jocelyn Hopkins, Isabelle Hopkins, Caleb Hopkins, Ivan Hopkins, Audrey Velasquez, Baby Velasquez; and family pet Bandit.
Juanita was the last surviving sibling in her family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to: Alzheimer’s Association, American Cancer Society or Braille Institute.
- Dan Lemus, Mass Pall Bearer
- Johnny Velasquez, Mass Pall Bearer
- Alex Garcia, Sr., Mass Pall Bearer
- Jerry Nakano, Mass Pall Bearer
- Mike Gomez, Mass Pall Bearer
- Thomas Garcia, Mass Pall Bearer
- Matthew Gomez, Honorary Mass Pall Bearer and Cemetery Pall Bearer
- John Velasquez, Jr., Honorary Mass Pall Bearer and Cemetery Pall Bearer
- Alex Garcia, Jr. , Honorary Mass Pall Bearer and Cemetery Pall Bearer
- Joseph Velasquez, Honorary Mass Pall Bearer and Cemetery Pall Bearer
- Jacob Gomez, Honorary Mass Pall Bearer and Cemetery Pall Bearer
- Josh Melendez, Honorary Mass Pall Bearer and Cemetery Pall Bearer
- Stephen Lemus, Honorary Mass Pall Bearer and Cemetery Pall Bearer
10:00 am - 11:00 am
566 S Glassell Street
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sant Ana Cemetery
1919 E Santa Clara
- Visitation Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Rosary Thursday, December 5, 2019
Juanita Mejía Lemus
Mary Lemus (Huerta)
December 4, 2019
The time was -way back then. Jose was in school at Cal Poly and we lived in Pismo Beach. Periodically we would drive home and arrive early Saturday morning. I remember walking into her kitchen and saw Juanita standing there making handmade tortillas! The sweet “wafting” smell of FRESH TORTILLAS! And a whole stick of butter right next to a huge stack of tortillas. How much richer could a person get!
I will always cherish Juanita’s Thanksgiving “stuffing” recipe! Never seen one like it. Throughout the years I have made it and I have taught my son to make it as well. It’s a “one of a kind” recipe-that I always make extra stuffing because we can never get enough! Heaven just got another angel!!!