Julia Ann Highley
November 24, 1942 – March 24, 2020
Julia Ann Highley, 77, passed away Tuesday March 24, 2020 in Lebanon, PA. Julia was the wife of the late James R. Highley, for 50 years. She was born in Reading, PA on November 24, 1942, the daughter of the late Elwood and Edith Wike Matthew. Julia was a retired mail carrier for the Womelsdorf Post Office and a member of St. Paul’s UCC, Robesonia. Julia loved spending time with her grandchildren & great grandchildren, and loved family gatherings. She also loved Elvis, Christmas, puzzle books and watching wrestling. Julia is survived by her children; Lori Meckley (Gary) of Lebanon, Jodi Seifrit (Robert) of Sinking Springs, Wendy Kern of Schaefferstown, and Jamie Highley of Myerstown, grandchildren; Heather Ehrhart (Jeremey), Eric Meckley , Ashleigh Rissler (Jon), Nicholas Seifrit (Ashley), Kyle Kern (Dalyn), Mark Kern (Stevie), Kirstin Spayd (Eric), Skylar Albert (Jessica) and Austin Highley (Georgia), great grandchildren; Brittany, Chandler, Paige, Lily, Holly, Lois, Nathaniel, Marc, Clayton, Alexander, Liam, Charlie, Ezra, Todd, Tyler, Alexis, Austin, Ashton, Amy, Bella, Adrienne, Brianna, Mason and Everly, her brother; Terry Matthew and several nieces and nephews. Julia was preceded in death by her husband James, and sisters Shirley Merkel & Christine Hain.
A memorial service will be held at a later date. clauserfh.com
- James R. Highley, Husband (deceased)
- Lori Meckley (Gary), Daughter
- Jodi Seifrit (Robert), Daughter
- Wendy Kern, Daughter
- Jamie Highley, Son
- Heather Ehrhart (Jeremey), Grandchild
- Eric Meckley, Grandchild
- Ashleigh Rissler (Jon), Grandchild
- Nicholas Seifrit (Ashley), Grandchild
- Kyle Kern (Dalyn), Grandchild
- Mark Kern (Stevie), Grandchild
- Kirstin Spayd (Eric), Grandchild
- Skylar Albert (Jessica), Grandchild
- Austin Highley (Georgia), Grandchild
- Terry Matthew, Brother
- Elwood Matthew, Father (deceased)
- Edith Wike Matthew, Mother (deceased)
- Shirley Merkel, Sister (deceased)
- Christine Hain, Sister (deceased)
- Great Grandchildren; Brittany, Chandler, Paige, Holly, Lily, Lois, Nathaniel, Marc, Clayton, Alexander, Liam, Charlie, Ezra, Todd, Tyler, Alexis, Austin, Ashton, Amy, Bella, Adrienne, Brianna, Mason and Everly
- Memorial Service will be scheduled at a later date
Julia Ann Highley
April 1, 2020
Julia was one of my favorite customers that became a dear friend. I will miss her smile and pretty blue eyes. She loved to laugh and have fun. I loved our conversations. I was so glad to be able see you before God took you home. Love you
March 29, 2020
We will miss Julia. She was a very good mail lady when I was a young. She always had a smile on her face and she new how to cheer you up. She was my husband George aunt when he see her she'd make him laugh of the good old days. So we will miss her. Rest in peace Julia.
March 26, 2020
Mom also liked attending live wrestling shows to watch Austin and Skylar perform. She was well known on the wrestling circuit. Everyone called her “Gram”.
She was a huge Halloween fan too. She enjoyed dressing up on her mail route and for the trick or treaters! Miss you mom!