Betty Lee Lawson
June 30, 1940 – July 29, 2019
Betty Lee Lawson, 79, a resident of Stanley, VA, and formerly of Shenandoah, died Monday, July 29, 2019 at her residence.
A daughter of the late Ray and Frances Good Shenk, she was born on June 30, 1940 in Page County, VA.
Betty was a lifelong resident of the Shenandoah area and retired from Wrangler/Bluebell Manufacturing after 25 years. She dearly loved her family, children and grandchildren.
On July 15, 1966 she married Elmer C. (JR) Lawson, Jr. who preceded her in death on May 22, 2008.
Surviving is a son, Timmy Shenk and wife Robin, of Elkton; two daughters, Tracey Kendig and husband Ted, of Shenandoah; and Tammy Good and husband, Eddie of Stanley; eleven grandchildren; twelve great-grandchildren; and two brothers; Allen “Butch” Shenk of Maryland, and Robert Shenk of Shenandoah.
In addition to her husand, she was preceded in death by a brother, Edward Shenk.
The family will receive friends from 6:00-8:00 pm Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at Lindsey-Kyger Funeral Home in Shenandoah.
Funeral services will be held at 2:00 pm Thursday, August 1, 2019 at the funeral home with Rev. Jimmy Kite officiating.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.lindseykygerfuneralhome.com
- Timmy Shenk & wife, Robin, Son & Daughter-in-law
- Tracey Kendig & husband, Ted, Daughter & Son-in-law
- Tammy Good & husband, Eddie, Daughter & Son-in-law
- Eleven -, Grandchildren
- Twelve -, Great-Grandchildren
- Allen "Butch" Shenk, Brother
- Robert Shenk, Brother
- Elmer C. (Jr.) Lawson, Jr., Husband (deceased)
- Frances Good Shenk, Mother (deceased)
- Ray Shenk, Father (deceased)
- Edward Shenk, Brother (deceased)
- Mike Derrow, Active Pallbearer
- Randy Shenk, Active Pallbearer
- Tyler Good, Active Pallbearer
- Corey DeShazor, Active Bearer
- Eddy Lawson, Active Pallbearer
- Tyreese Kendig, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, August 1, 2019