Johnnie Ross Cave
November 19, 1936 – October 26, 2021
Johnnie Ross Cave, 84, a lifelong resident of Shenandoah passed away peacefully at his home surrounded by his family on Tuesday, October 26, 2021.
He was born on November 19, 1936 in Dark Hollow, VA and was the son of the late Ralph W. and Elsie L. Breeden Cave.
Johnnie was a former evangelist and traveled throughout Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and North Carolina sharing his love for the Lord and music. He loved playing the guitar and spending time with his family and his friends at the Shenandoah VFW. He retired from Shenandoah National Park after 36 years as a maintenance supervisor. He served in the US Army and was a member of the Avis O. Comer VFW Post #8613.
On October 3, 1992 he married, the former Sheila Cave, who survives.
Also surviving is a daughter, Donna Cave of Shenandoah; step children, Richard Ecroyd (Debbie) of Shenandoah, Barry Ecroyd (Cheryl) of Elkton, Jeffrey Ecroyd (Alison) of Myrtle Beach, SC, and Gregory Ecroyd (Marcie) of Richmond; grandchildren, Sheena Armentrout (Jared) and Kendra Sours; great-grandchildren, Korinne Munson and Averly Armentrout; a sister, Maxine Pendleton; and several step grandchildren and step great grandchildren. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by three brothers and one sister, and his loving cat, Titus.
A funeral service will be held at 3 pm, Friday, October 29, 2021 at Shenandoah Pentecostal Holiness Church with Pastor Jimmy Kite officiating. Burial will follow at the Comertown Freewill Baptist Church Cemetery.
Lindsey-Kyger Funeral Home in Shenandoah is handling arrangements. Condolences and memories may be shared with the family by visiting www.lindseykygerfuneralhome.com.
- Sheila Cave, Wife
- Donna Cave, Daughter
- Richard Ecroyd (Debbie), Step-Son
- Barry Ecroyd (Cheryl), Step-Son
- Jeffrey Ecroyd (Alison), Step-Son
- Gregory Ecroyd (Marcie), Step-Son
- Sheena Armentrout (Jared), Grandchild
- Kendra Sours, Grandchild
- Korinne Munson, Great-Grandchild
- Averly Armentrout, Great-Grandchild
- Maxine Pendleton, Sister
- Numerous, Step-Grandchildren
- Numerous, Step-Great-Grandhildren
- Elsie L. Breeden Cave, Mother (deceased)
- Ralph W. Cave, Father (deceased)
- Three, Brothers (deceased)
- One, Sister (deceased)
- Titus, Loving Cat (deceased)
- Jimmy Williams, Active Pallbearer
- Red Cave, Active Pallbearer
- Richard Ecroyd, Active Pallbearer
- Jeffrey Ecroyd, Active Pallbearer
- Gregory Ecroyd, Active Pallbearer
- Dalton Ecroyd, Active Pallbearer
Friday, October 29, 2021
Johnnie Ross Cave
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY