September 13, 1934 – October 21, 2019
Dorothy (Janak) Picha, 85, of Shiner, Texas passed away on Monday, October 21, 2019 at Stevens Nursing & Rehab in Hallettsville, Texas.
Funeral Mass is under the direction of Buffington Funeral Home in Shiner, Texas and will be held on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 10:00 am at Saints Cyril & Methodius Catholic Church in Shiner, Texas with Father Bryan Heyer officiating. Interment will follow at Shiner Catholic Cemetery in Shiner, Texas. Visitation will begin at 5:00 pm on Friday, October 25, 2019. A Rosary will be recited on Friday, October 25, 2019 at 7:00 pm at Buffington Funeral Home Chapel with Michael Morkovsky officiating.
Dorothy was born on September 13, 1934 inWied, Texas. She was the daughter of Nick and Millie (Dolezal) Janak. She married Roy Picha on December 27, 1955 at Saints Cyril & Methodius Catholic Church in Shiner, Texas. She loved caring for her flower and vegetable gardens, and mowing the lawn. She liked to sew and cook for family and friends. Dorothy liked to go fishing whenever she could get away to enjoy the quietness. She would call her family daily to check on them and visit on the phone. Dorothy’s tv was always tuned to the Weather Chanel, and she was called “Doppler Dorothy”.
Dorothy is survived by one son; Kenneth Picha and his wife, Rhonda of Shiner, Texas, one daughter; Sharon Matula and her husband, John of Shiner, Texas, , Texas, two brothers; Leo Janak and his wife, Elizabeth, of Moulton, Texas, Edwin Janak and his wife, Rosalie of Willis, Texas, one sister; Evelyn Shupak and her husband, Tom of Houston, Texas, two grandchildren; Neil Matula of Albuquerque, New Mexico, Shalane Heath and her husband, Todd of Wylie, Texas, one sister-in-law; Rose Janak of Richland, Washington, and numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; Nick and Millie Janak, her loving husband; Roy Picha, two brothers; George Janak and his wife, Barbara, Edward Janak, one infant son; George Benedict, one sister; Francis Ann Shupak and her husband, Frank. Pallbearers for Mrs. Picha will be; Neil Matula, Todd Heath, Leroy Hewig, Harvey Picha, Stephen Shupak, Mark Janak, Chris Janak, and Larry Janak.
To join the family in celebrating Dorothy’s life, please go to: www.buffingtonfuneralhomeshiner.com
- Nick Janak, Father (deceased)
- Millie Janak, Mother (deceased)
- Roy Picha, Husband (deceased)
- Kenneth Picha, Son
- Rhonda Picha, Daughter-in-law
- Sharon Matula, Daughter
- John Matula, Son-in-law
- Leo Janak, Brother
- Elizabeth Janak, Sister-in-law
- Edwin Janak, Brother
- Rosalie Janak, Sister-in-law
- George Janak, Brother (deceased)
- Barbara Janak, Sister-in-law (deceased)
- Edward Janak, Brother (deceased)
- Infant George Benedict, Brother (deceased)
- Evelyn Shupak, Sister
- Tom Shupak, Brother-in-law
- Rose Janak, Sister-in-law
- Frances Ann Shupak, Sister (deceased)
- Frank Shupak, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Neil Matula, Grandson
- Shalane Heath, Granddaughter
- Todd Heath, grandson-in-law
- Dorothy also leaves numerous nieces and nephews to cherish her memory.
- Neil Matula
- Todd Heath
- Leroy Hewig
- Harvey Picha
- Stephen Shupak
- Mark Janak
- Chris Janak
- Larry Janak
- Visitation Friday, October 25, 2019
- Rosary Friday, October 25, 2019
- Funeral Mass Saturday, October 26, 2019