Betty Baker Cook
August 31, 1929 – August 5, 2018
Funeral services celebrating the life of Betty Baker Cook, 88, will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 9, 2018, in the chapel at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home. Officiating will be Bro. John Harp of Brookwood Baptist Church. Visitation will be from 1:00-2:00 p.m. A private family burial will be held.
Betty was born on August 31, 1929, in Minden, LA, and passed away on August 5, 2018, in Shreveport, LA. She was raised in Athens, LA, and attended Louisiana Tech University. Betty loved baking, sewing, and gardening. She was famous for her Christmas tree cookies and homemade peanut brittle. She loved the Lord and studying the Word through Bible Commentaries. Betty was a beautiful Christian influence for many. Most of all, she enjoyed teaching the Friendship Class for ladies at Brookwood Baptist Church, where she was a faithful member for over 48 years. Betty loved spending time with her family and friends. Her pride and joy were her granddaughters and her great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 64 years, Don Cook; son, David; parents, Herman and Eula Faye Baker; and sister, Mary Virginia Volentine. Left to cherish beautiful memories of Betty are her daughter, Donette Smith and husband Greg; granddaughters, Rebekah Myers and husband Chad, Betsy Schmidt and husband Robby, Mollie Catherine Blunt and husband Patrick; great grandchildren, Charlie and Abby Ryan Myers, Andrew and Leighton Claire Schmidt, and Landrum Blunt; niece, Susan Emerson and husband Don.
Serving as honorary pallbearers will be: Chad Myers, Robby Schmidt, Patrick Blunt, Don Emerson, Ron Caulk, Jack Rose, and Don Wilson.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to Dr. Craig Miller, the staffs at Azalea Estates and Garden Park, and the fifth floor Nursing Staff at Willis Knighton Pierremont for their unending love and care for Mrs. Cook. Thank you to her “special angels” Mia and Tara.
Matthew 25:23 “Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.”
- Herman and Eula Faye Baker, Parents
- Don Cook, Husband
- David Cook, Son
- Donnette Smith and Greg, Daughter and husband
- Rebekah Myers and Chad, Granddaughter and husband
- Betsy Schmidt and Robby, Granddaughter and husband
- Mollie Catherine Blunt and Patrick, Granddaughter and husband
- Mary Virginia Volentine, Sister
- Susan Emerson and Don, Niece and husband
- Mrs. Cook is also survived by her great-grandchildren Charlie and Abby Ryan Myers, Andrew and Leighton Claire Schmidt, and Landrum Blunt.
- Chad Myers, Honorary Pallbearer
- Robby Schmidt, Honorary Pallbearer
- Patrick Blunt , Honorary Pallbearer
- Don Emerson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ron Caulk, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jack Rose, Honorary Pallbearer
- Don Wilson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, August 9, 2018
- Celebration of Life Service Thursday, August 9, 2018
Betty Baker Cook
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY