Betty Virginia Parker Parks
November 27, 1927 – March 16, 2020
Betty Virginia Parker Parks, age 92, of Shreveport, Louisiana passed away on Monday March 16, 2020. Betty was born November 27, 1927 in El Dorado, Arkansas to Sally and Roy Parker.
Betty was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She was always dedicated and devoted to her family and friends. Betty was a strong Christian. Early in her marriage she worked for South Central Bell but the job she cherished the most was raising her family. During her quality time, she loved to play bridge and golf.
Betty was preceded in death by her husband of 67 years Billy B. Parks Sr.; mother Sally Parker and father Roy Parker; sister Mary Elizabeth Howard; sister Dhuanne Pritchard and brother Jerry Parker.
Betty is survived by; son Billy B. Parks Jr. (Anne); and daughter Cody Parks Herrington (Donnie); grandchildren Tres Herrington (Amanda), Jennifer O'Glee (Kyle), Jared Parks, and Joshua Parks; great grandchildren Isaiah O'Glee, Ian O'Glee, Emma Rose Parks, Micah Rex Parks, Chandler Herrington, Mackenzie Herrington and Keaton Herrington.
A graveside for Betty will be held Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 11:00 AM at Rose-Neath Cemetery, 5185 Swan Lake Rd, Bossier City, Louisiana 71111, officiating will be Chad Hardbarger.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Betty's memory may be made to American Cancer Society, https://donate3.cancer.org.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.CenturiesMemorialFH.com for the Parks family.
- Billy B. Parks Jr. (Anne), Son
- Cody Parks Herrington (Donnie), Daughter
- Tres Herrington (Amanda), Grandchild
- Jennifer O'Glee (Kyle), Grandchild
- Jared Parks, Grandchild
- Joshua Parks, Grandchild
- Isaiah O'Glee, Great Grandchild
- Ian O'Glee, Great Grandchild
- Emma Rose Parks, Great Grandchild
- Micah Rex Parks, Great Grandchild
- Chandler Herrington, Great Grandchild
- Mackenzie Herrington, Great Grandchild
- Keaton Herrington, Great Grandchild
- Billy B. Parks Sr., Husband of 67 years (deceased)
- Sally Parker, Mother (deceased)
- Roy Parker, Father (deceased)
- Mary Elizabeth Howard, Sister (deceased)
- Dhuanne Pritchard, Sister (deceased)
- Jerry Parker, Brother (deceased)
- American Cancer Society
- Celebration of Life at the Graveside Tuesday, March 17, 2020