Chester Lee Williams
December 18, 1933 – April 4, 2018
Chester Lee Williams, 84, of Shreveport, LA passed away Wednesday, April 4, 2018 peacefully with his family by his side. He is preceded in death by his mother, Mable Spears Marter and father, James J. Williams; his beloved wife Barbara Ann Williams and son, Jefferey Scott Williams.
Chester served 20 years in the United States Air Force and retired from Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, LA. After retiring, he worked in management at AW Dunn Moving Company and then, devoted the rest of his life to serving others by volunteering at The Shriner’s Hospital for Children having served 9,095 plus hours, being active member of The Masonic Sunset Lodge #438 for 24 years as the past master and treasurer and serving as a deacon and elder at Central Christian Church and Broadmoor Christian Church. He received the prestigious Jefferson Award in 1997, as well as the Shriner’s Volunteer of the Year award.
He is survived by his three daughters, LeeAnn Restivo and husband Sam, Sandy Teel and husband Paul, and Robin Gauthreaux and husband Miles. He was a loving and devoted Grandfather and Great-Grandfather to seven grandchildren and twelve great-grandchildren. His children and grandchildren will remember him as a person who loved the Arkansas Razorbacks, the Dallas Cowboys, and sharing his Native American Culture. He will mostly be remembered as a Godly man who loved to serve others. A Celebration of Chester’s life will be held at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home, Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 2:00 pm. The family will receive guest for the visitation beginning at 1:00 pm until the service. An interment will follow at Centuries Memorial Park with Military Honors.
The family would like to give special thanks to everyone at the Northwest Louisiana Veterans Home in Bossier City for taking care of Mr. Chester and his family during his stay.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Chester’s name to Shriner’s Hospital for Children in Shreveport, LA.
- LeeAnn Restivo and husband Sam, Daughter
- Sandy Teel and husband Paul, Daughter
- Robin Gauthreaux and husband Miles, Daughter
- Amanda Restivo, Grandchild
- Dwayne Restivo, Grandchild
- Andy Teel, Grandchild
- Destiny Leonard, Grandchild
- Aaron Nash, Grandchild
- Adam Teel, Grandchild
- Anna Claire Gauthreaux, Grandchild
- Cloe' Bolanos, Great Grandchild
- Faith Bolanos, Great Grandchild
- Caroline Teel, Great Grandchild
- EmmaLee Teel, Great Grandchild
- Lilly Leonard, Great Grandchild
- Drake Restivo, Great Grandchild
- Levi Leonard, Great Grandchild
- Jonah Teel, Great Grandchild
- Ruby Leonard, Great Grandchild
- Dillon Teel, Great Grandchild
- Noah Leonard, Great Grandchild
- Ramsey Restivo, Great Grandchild
- Barbara Ann Williams, Wife
- Jefferey Scott Williams, Son
- James J. Williams, Father
- Mable Spears Marter, Mother
- Dwayne Ristivo, Pallbearer
- Andy Teel, Pallbearer
- Adam Teel, Pallbearer
- Amanda Ristivo, Pallbearer
- Anna Claire Gauthreaux, Pallbearer
- Jonathan "Yoni" Leonard, Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Celebration of Life Saturday, April 7, 2018
Chester Lee Williams
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
April 6, 2018
Although my Dad was very strict with us girls we knew he loved us and he taught us to be strong women, respect others and love God!!!! RIP Dad!!!! You will be greatly missed!