March 1, 1940 – May 6, 2019
Celebration of life services for Christina Casey Habecker, 79, will be held Saturday, May 11, 2019, at Centuries Memorial Park, 8801 Mansfield Rd., Shreveport, La., 71108, with Father John Paul Chrispin officiating.
Christina was born March 1, 1940, in Harrisburg, Penn., to the late Joseph C. and Sarah M. Casey and was called home suddenly May 6, 2019, at her home in Bossier City, La.
She was a sassy, sparkly, sweet, spunky and classy lady who treasured her family dearly. She loved shopping, going to dinner with friends, traveling and meeting new people. She was a social butterfly who knew no strangers and will be dearly missed. Christina was preceded in death by loving husband of 43 years Henry Eugene Habecker, her parents, her brother Joseph C. Casey, brother James Robert Casey, Sr., and wife Mary Francis, sister Sally Anne Carter, nephew James Robert Casey, Jr., granddaughter Sidney Craig and great granddaughter Avery Faircloth.
Left to cherish her memory and tell her wonderous stories are her three daughters Lauri H.Plunkett and her husband Stephen, Deniece H. Cavell and husband Charlie, Rebecca Habecker, niece Susan Estheimer, nephew John Casey, nephew David Casey and wife Debbie, adoring grandchildren Tara Driggers and husband Charles, Amber Futch, Sadie Craig, Ashlee Schuler, Nathaniel Schuler, Brandon Craig and wife Jessica, Christopher Plunkett, Brandon Plunkett, Katelyn Cavell, Jacob Cavell, Camille Cavell and Krystal Young and husband Alex, great grandchildren Coleman Driggers, Aiden Driggers, Iris Young, an abundance of nieces and nephews as well as long-time friends Rick and Sandy McCarthy.
The family takes solace in knowing their beloved mother has been reunited with her one true love Henry.
The family would like to extend a special thanks to the Bossier City Fire Department and the emergency department staff of Willis-Knighton Bossier Health Center.
- Joseph C. Casey, Father
- Sarah B. Montaque, Mother
- Henry Eugene Habecker, Husband
- James Robert Casey Sr., Brother
- Mary Francis Casey, Sister-in-law
- Sally Anne Carter, Sister
- James Robert Casey Jr., Nephew
- Sidney Craig, Granddaughter
- Avery Faircloth, Great Granddaughter
- Lauri H. Plunkett and Stephen, Daughter and husband
- Deniece H. Cavell and Charlie, Daughter and husband
- Rebecca Habecker, Daughter
- Susan Estheimer, Niece
- John Casey, Nephew
- David Casey and Debbie, Nephew and wife
- Tara Driggers and Charles, Granddaughter and husband
- Amber Futch, Granddaughter
- Sadie Craig, Granddaughter
- Ashlee Schuler, Granddaughter
- Nathaniel Schuler, Grandson
- Brandon Craig and Jessica, Grandson and wife
- Christopher Plunkett, Grandson
- Katelyn Cavell, Granddaughter
- Jacob Cavell, Grandson
- Camille Cavell, Granddaughter
- Krystal Young and Alex, Granddaughter and husband
- Mrs. Habecker is also survived by great grandchildren, Coleman Driggers, Aiden Driggers, Iris Young, and abundance of nieces and nephews as well as long-time friends, Rick and Sandy McCarthy.
- Visitation Friday, May 10, 2019
- Memorial Celebration Saturday, May 11, 2019
Richard and Susan Carter
May 11, 2019
When I was a kid, I remember we all went to Ocean Gate, NJ and my mom brought a cat in a cat carrier. Aunt Chris called it Damn Cat and we thought it was cool that all us kids could call it Damn Cat. We will miss her greatly.
Richard Carter Jr.
May 10, 2019
My thoughts and prayers are with your families. Your mom lived her life fully and with love and laughter. I pray you draw comfort from your memories.
May 10, 2019
I had the honor of knowing her and her family for over 30 + years. She was a mother to me. It is because of her and her husband I know the true message of Love and Family. She taught me to be a mother to my first daughter. Heaven really did receive an angel when he called her home. I will always carry a love and reverence for her and her family.
Deborah (Debbie) Comesanas
May 7, 2019
Deniece and family, I am so sorry that you are all grieving the loss of your Mother, Grandmother, etc.
I know personally know how difficult it is to loose such a monumental person in your life and my heart cries out to you all. I pray the Lord comforts you all during this difficult time.