February 24, 1943 – June 11, 2019
Don Edward Zmek was born on February 24,1943 and went to be with the Lord on June 11, 2019. He was a lifelong resident of the Shreveport area and served in the Army National Guard. Following a family tradition, Don was an Auto Body Man by trade. Don was an avid sportsman with a passion for hunting and fishing. He loved gardening and most of all, spending time with his family.
Left to cherish his memory are his wife, Margaret Zmek; daughters, Donna Zmek Watts and husband Charles and Sharron Zmek Johnson and husband Jason; step-daughter Pamela Smith and husband Jimmy; step-son Allen Fawcett; and several grandchildren and great grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his father, Edward J. Zmek and loving mother, Angela Maurice Moore Zmek; brother, John A. Zmek; son, Joseph E. Zmek; daughter, Angela LaFrance; and many aunts and uncles.
A visitation for Don will be held Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 1:00 PM at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home with a graveside service following at 2:00 PM in Centuries Memorial Park. Reverend Lane Moore will be officiating the service. Honoring him as pallbearers will be Anthony Zmek, David Zmek,Tom Zmek, Dylan Watts, Garrett Johnson, Ben Mabry. Serving as an Honorary Pallbearer, will be lifelong friend Marvin Jones.
Obituary written by Addison Meshell Johnson.
- Margaret Zmek, Wife
- Donna Zmek Watts and husband Charles, Daughter
- Sharron Zmek Johnson and husband Jason, Daughter
- Pamela Smith husband Jimmy, Step-daughter
- Allen Fawcett, Step-son
- Edward J. Zmek, Father (deceased)
- Angela Maurice Moore Zmek, Mother (deceased)
- Joseph E. Zmek, Son (deceased)
- Angela LaFrance, Daughter (deceased)
- John A. Zmek, Brother (deceased)
- Anthony Zmek
- David Zmek
- Tom Zmek
- Dylan Watts
- Garrett Johnson
- Ben Mabry
- Marvin Jones, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Graveside Service Saturday, June 15, 2019