May 1, 1924 – February 2, 2019
A Celebration of Life Service for Doris Nell Shivers, 94, will be held on Friday, February 8, 2019 at 2 p.m. at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home. Dr. Larry Williams of Broadmoor Baptist Church will officiate. The family will receive friends during visitation for one hour prior to the service. Interment will follow the service at Centuries Memorial Park.
Doris was a loyal and loving daughter, wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother. During World War II, she was a teacher until she married her husband of fifty plus years, Eugene C. Shivers. She then devoted her life to being a homemaker and mother to her children. For over fifty years, she was a faithful member of Broadmoor Baptist Church. She was a member of the Deborah Sunday School class, which was very special to her, as well as being a member of the WMU. Doris was also a member of the Women’s Department Club and Springlake Garden Club. Doris traveled the world with her husband. Her other interests included a love for bridge and enjoyed her bridge groups.
Doris was preceded in death by her parents, Robert Neely and Beulah Buckley Neely; her husband, Eugene Shivers; and her son-in-law, Kurt Seraphine. Left to cherish her memory are her children, Vicki Seraphine and Deborah Shivers Carlson (Chris); her grandchildren, Dr. Chad Ellis (Teresa), Jack Seraphine (Brooke), and Marscha Seraphine (Leslie); her great-grandchildren, Jackson, Duke, and Blaise Ellis, Dylan Jane Seraphine and Jake Seraphine; and her sister, Frances Kees.
The family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Holy Angels or Louisiana Baptist Children’s Home.
- Robert Neely and Beulah Buckley Neely, Parents
- Eugene C. Shivers, Husband
- Vicki Seraphine, Daughter
- Kurt Seraphine, Son-in-law
- Deborah Shivers Carlson and Chris, Daughter and husband
- Dr. Chad Ellis and Teresa, Grandchild
- Jack Seraphine and Brooke, Grandchild
- Marscha Seraphine and Leslie, Grandchild
- Jackson, Duke, and Blaise Ellis, and Dylan Jane and Jake Seraphine, Great-grandchildren
- Frances Kees, Sister
- Chris Carlson, Active Pallbearer
- Dr. Chad Ellis, Active Pallbearer
- Jack Seraphine, Active Pallbearer
- Jackson Ellis, Active Pallbearer
- Lance Clay, Active Pallbearer
- Derek Clay, Active Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, February 8, 2019
- Celebration of Life Service Friday, February 8, 2019