Centuries Memorial Funeral Home & Centuries Memorial Park
8801 Mansfield Road, Shreveport, LA
July 17, 1920 – June 10, 2019
Florence Marie Gill, age 98, of Shreveport, Louisiana passed away on Monday June 10, 2019. She was born July 17, 1920 in Newport, Kentucky to Arthur Pickens and Edena McKenzie Pickens. She was a devoted member of the Christ United Methodist Church in Shreveport. Florence enjoyed traveling and being with her family.
Left to cherish her memory are her son, David Merle Gill and wife Nona Gill; granddaughter, Elise Farrar and husband Wayburne Kelly Farrar III; and great grandchildren, Jordan Gallagher, Jacob Welch, Adyson Farrar, and Thomas Ethan Farrar. She is preceded in death by her husband, Merle Gill; daughter, Kay Lee Gill Rousseau; and parents.
A visitation for Florence will be held Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home. A celebration of life will occur Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 2:00 PM with an interment to follow in Centuries Memorial Park.
The family would like give special thanks to the Staff of The Glen for the care they showed to Ms. Florence.
- David Merle Gill and wife Nona Gill, Son
- Elise Farrar and husband Wayburne Kelly Farrar III, Granddaughter
- Jordan Gallagher, Great Grandchild
- Jacob Welch, Great Grandchild
- Adyson Farrar, Great Grandchild
- Thomas Ethan Farrar, Great Grandchild
- Merle Gill, Husband
- Kay Lee Gill Rousseau, Daughter
- Arthur Pickens, Father
- Edna McKenzie Pickens, Mother
- Visitation Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Celebration of Life Wednesday, June 12, 2019