Geraldine Ireland Carpenter
July 7, 1928 – May 13, 2018
Geraldine Ireland Carpenter was born in Tullos, Louisiana on July 7, 1928 to Lewis and Mary Thomas Ireland. She passed away in Shreveport, Louisiana on May 13, 2018 surrounded by her family.
She attended Tullos Grade School, graduated from Trout-Goodpine High School in 1945, and enrolled in Centenary College Cadet Nurses Corps. She married the love of her life, John Calvin Carpenter and raised four children and a foster son together. She retired from school bus driving for Caddo Parish.
Geraldine taught Sunday school at Central Christian Church and later at Oakcrest Christian Church. She later became an active member at Countryside Christian Church until she passed away. She belonged to the Blanchard Chapter 127, Order of the Eastern Star.
She is survived by her children, John Richard Carpenter, LTCOL, USAF, retired, (Pat); Jerry Diane Cason (JC); Assistant Fire Chief James T. “Tommy” Carpenter (Sheila); a foster son, Buddy Bullard (Lacey); a sister, Melba King (Sonny); 10 grandchildren; 37 great grandchildren; 11 great great grandchildren and numerous other family members.
She is preceded in death by her husband of 54 years, John Carpenter; a son, Robert “Bob” Carpenter; her parents; and five siblings.
A visitation for Ms. Carpenter will occur Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm held at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home. A Celebration of Life will occur Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 10:00 am with the interment following. Brother Ted Hardin will be officiating the services.
In lieu of flowers, the family would like everyone to donate to the Shriners Hospital for Children or a Charity of your choice in Ms. Carpenter’s memory.
- John Richard Carpenter and wife Pat, Son
- Jerry Diane Cason and husband JC, Daughter
- James T. "Tommy" Carpenter and wife Sheila, Son
- Buddy Bullard and wife Lacey, Foster Son
- Melba Ireland King and husband Sonny, Sister
- John Calvin Carpenter, Husband
- Robert "Bob" Carpenter, Son
- Lewis Ireland, Father
- Mary Thomas Ireland, Mother
- Ronald Ireland, Brother
- Donald Ireland, Brother
- Lewis Ireland, Brother
- Nelda Ireland Stone and husband Raymond, Sister
- Mary Joe Ireland Goodwin and husband Eugene, Sister
- She is also survived by 10 grandchildren, 37 great grandchildren, 11 great great grandchildren, and numerous other family members.
- Visitation Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Celebration of Life Thursday, May 17, 2018