Centuries Memorial Funeral Home & Centuries Memorial Park
8801 Mansfield Road, Shreveport, LA
May 14, 1928 – June 5, 2019
A Graveside service will be held for Jackson Calvin Thrash, 91, on Tuesday, June 11, 2019, at 10 a.m. at Centuries Memorial Park.
Jack was born May 14, 1928 in Fairmont, West Virginia to the late William and Reva Thrash. He passed away on June 5, 2019 after a brief illness.
Jack was a U.S. Air Force veteran and served during World War II. He retired from the City of Shreveport. He enjoyed the last few years at the War Veterans Home in Bossier City, LA.
Jack was preceded in death by his beautiful wife, Leila; his daughter, Beverly Thrash; and his step-son, Thomas Hutchinson.
He leaves behind his step-son, Rick Hutchinson and wife Helen; his step-daughter, Chris Dowdell and husband Pat; his five grandchildren, Nathan Walker and wife Katy, Robin Lindsay and husband Brian, Brian Hutchinson and wife Amy, Tina Daniels, and Beverly Nixon; and ten great-grandchildren.
The family would like to thank the staff of the Northwest Louisiana War Veterans Home for their loving care of our proud veteran.
- William and Reva Thrash, Parents
- Leila Thrash, Wife
- Beverly Thrash, Daughter
- Thomas Hutchinson, Step-son
- Rick Hutchinson and Helen, Step-son and wife
- Chris Dowdell and Pat, Step-daughter and husband
- Nathan Walker and Katy, Grandson and wife
- Robin Lindsay and Brian, Granddaughter and husband
- Brian Hutchinson and Amy, Grandson and wife
- Tina Daniels, Granddaughter
- Beverly Nixon, Granddaughter
- Mr. Thrash is also survived by ten great-grandchildren.
- Graveside Tuesday, June 11, 2019