Juanita Elizabeth Chennault
December 10, 1939 – September 4, 2019
Services to celebrate the life of Ms. Juanita Elizabeth Chennault will be held at 2:00 p.m., Sunday, September 8, 2019, at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home. Interment will follow in Centuries Memorial Park. Visitation will begin at 1:00 p.m. prior to the service.
Juanita was born on December 10, 1939 to parents, William Henry and Grace McCain Chennault. As a young girl, Juanita graduated from Fair Park High School in 1958. She then attended Ozark Adventist Academy and went on to work as Director of Claims in Nebraska and later in California. Upon retiring, she moved back home to Shreveport to be with family. Juanita was a talented singer and musician and played in an all girl band. She was of the Seventh Day Adventist faith, enjoyed golf and bowling and was one of Elvis' biggest fans!
We lost this special lady on Wednesday, September 4, 2019. She was 79 years old.
Juanita is preceded in death by her father, William Henry Chennault; mother, Grace McCain Brown; step-mother, Marjorie Walsworth Chennault; and grandparents, Herbert A. and Maggie V. Chennault. Left to cherish her memory is her sister, Bettie Chennault Tully (Sam); niece, Teresa Ogletree Conforto (Lou); nephew, David Ogletree (Donna); niece, Lisa Ogletree Berry (John); and many cousins, great-nieces and nephews.
Honoring Ms. Chennault as pallbearers are David, Nick, and Clay Ogletree, John and Tyler Berry, and John Berry, Jr.
The family would like to express their thanks and gratitude to the staff of Brookdale of Bossier and Christus Hospice for all of their care and compassion.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in memory of Juanita. ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- William Henry Chennault, Father (deceased)
- Grace McCain Brown, Mother
- Marjorie Walsworth Chennault, Step-Mother (deceased)
- Herbert A. and Maggie V. Chennault, Grandparents (deceased)
- Bettie Chennault Tully and husband, Sam, Sister
- Teresa Ogletree Conforto and husband, Lou, Niece
- David Ogletree and wife, Donna, Nephew
- Lisa Ogletree Berry and husband, John, Niece
- Juanita is also survived by numerous cousins, great-nieces and nephews.
- David Ogletree
- Nick Ogletree
- Clay Ogletree
- John Berry
- Tyler Berry
- John Berry, Jr.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tennessee 38105
- Visitation Sunday, September 8, 2019
- Celebration of Life Sunday, September 8, 2019