Melba Jean Wilson
August 20, 1939 – March 12, 2020
Melba Jean Cooper Wilson was born August 20, 1939 in Many, Louisiana, her parents were Lillian Rains Cooper and Joseph Floyd Cooper. She went to be with her Lord Thursday, March 12, 2020 in Shreveport after a lengthy illness. Mrs. Wilson was a 1957 graduate of Fair Park High School. She also attended Ayers Business School. She retired after many years at the car rental counter at the old airport and also from Kroger deli, Mrs. Wilson was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, James E. Wilson, her siblings, Christine Walker, Ruth Montgomery, and her twin, Harold Cooper. She is survived by her daughters, Terri Gullo and fiancé Jason Churchman, Angie Murry and husband Steven, and Rhonda Hinton and husband Brad, grandchildren, Christy Devers, Jerry Pugh, Jr. Jason Pugh, and Paige Hinton, her special friend Sam Crownover, numerous great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and cousins, special friends, Sarah Sweet, Leah Soldner, Velma Gregory, and all her friends at Waterview Court, and her furbaby, Kaylee. A service celebrating the life of Melba Jean Cooper Wilson will be held Monday, March 16, 2020, 11:00 AM at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 10 AM until service time. The family would like to thank Dr. Frederick White, Dr. Randall White, Dr. Russell Tynes, as well as Amanda Applegate, FNP and Heather White, PA for the excellent care of our Mother. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude's or the American Cancer Society.
- Terri Gullo and fiance Jason Churchman, Daughter
- Angie Murry and husband Steven, Daughter
- Rhonda Hinton and husband Brad, Daughter
- Christy Devers, Granddaughter
- Jerry Pugh, Jr., Grandson
- Jason Pugh, Grandson
- Paige Hinton, Granddaughter
- Mrs. Wilson was preceded in death by her parents, Lillian Rains Cooper and Joseph Floyd Cooperher husband, James E. Wilson, her siblings, Christine Walker, Ruth Montgomery, and her twin, Harold Cooper.
- Visitation Monday, March 16, 2020
- Celebration of Life Memorial Service Monday, March 16, 2020
Melba Jean Wilson
March 19, 2020
The Harrell family sends all our prayers.
March 17, 2020
What a wonderful woman! I will truly miss her and was so happy to have met her at Waterview Court.
March 13, 2020
I remember a beautiful young lady about 65 years ago. I couldn't take my eyes off how pretty she was. I know she will be missed by so many.