Centuries Memorial Funeral Home & Centuries Memorial Park
8801 Mansfield Road, Shreveport, LA
Quenten Harrell Pugh
June 13, 1925 – June 8, 2019
Visitation for Quenten Barbara Harrell Pugh will be held on Saturday, June 15 at 10 a.m at Centuries Memorial on Mansfield Road. A graveside service will follow at 11 a.m., with Thomas W. Patton, Sr. Adult Minister at Cypress Baptist Church presiding.
Quenten was born on June 13, 1925, in Marion County, Texas, and was called to her heavenly home on June 8, 2019, in Bossier City, Louisiana. She was born to H. R. Harrell and Dixie Harrison Harrell, and was one of eight children.
Quenten left home at 16 and moved to Shreveport, where she worked as a waitress and cashier at Triple X Restaurant on Greenwood Road. She met J.W. Pugh, and they were married in January 1948. They had two children, Barbara and Jim, and lived in Shreveport until 2001, when they moved to Bossier City. They attended Emmanuel Baptist Church, where she was an active member of the Ruth Sunday School Class. One of her greatest joys was feeding her family, who loved to gather in large groups at their modest home. It was a well-known fact that she always had a homemade cake or pie available if you stopped by for coffee.
She is preceded in death by her parents, H. R. Harrell and Dixie Harrison Harrell Wilkerson, her husband, J. W. Pugh, her sisters Rochelle Van Hoof, Virginia Sumner, and Marsha Wade, and her son-in-law, William Newsom. She is survived by her siblings Robert H. Harrell, Ella Warrington (Bill), Donnie Clark, and Kenneth Wilkerson (Linda), children Barbara Pugh Newsom and James Harrell Pugh (Angela), her grandchildren Kelly Newsom Quin (David), Kevin Andrew Newsom, Jason Scott Pugh, and Justin Derek Pugh (Jenny), and one great-grandaughter, Emily Quin, and a host of nieces and nephews.
Serving as pallbearers are Kevin Newsom (grandson), Jason Pugh (grandson), Justin Pugh (grandson), John Allen (nephew), David Quin (husband of granddaughter Kelly Quin), and Richard Erwin (family friend). Honorary pallbearers are R. H. Harrell (brother), Kenneth Wilkerson (brother), Noal Davis (nephew), and Wilmer Warrington (brother-in-law).
The family thanks the staff at Garden Court and The Blake for their kind and loving care, and a special thanks to the Homebound Ministry from Cypress Baptist Church for the visits that brightened her day.
- Barbara Pugh Newsom, Daughter
- James Harrell Pugh and wife Angela, Son
- Kelly Newsom Quin and husband David, Grandchild
- Kevin Andrew Newsom, Grandchild
- Jason Scott Pugh, Grandchild
- Justin Derek Pugh and wife Jenny, Grandchild
- Emily Quin, Great Grandchild
- Robert H. Harrell, Brother
- Ella Warrington and husband Bill, Sister
- Donnie Clark, Brother
- Kenneth Wilkerson and wife Linda, Brother
- J. W. Pugh, Husband
- H. R. Harrell, Father
- Dixie Harrison Harrell Wilkerson, Mother
- Rochelle Van Hoof, Sister
- Virginia Sumner, Sister
- Marsha Wade, Sister
- William Newsom, Son-in-law
- Kevin Newsom
- Jason Pugh
- Justin Pugh
- John Allen
- David Quin
- Richard Erwin
- R. H. Harrell, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kenneth Wilkerson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Noal Davis , Honorary Pallbearer
- Wilmer Warrington, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Graveside Service Saturday, June 15, 2019