Rickie J. Burnett
December 10, 1946 – April 7, 2019
A Celebration of Life service for Rickie J. Burnett, 72, will be held on Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 10 a.m. at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Centuries Memorial Park. The family will receive friends during a visitation on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 from 5-7 p.m. at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home.
Mr. Burnett passed away peacefully at home on April 7, 2019 following a motorcycle wreck. He was a lifelong resident of Shreveport. Mr. Burnett was a U.S. Navy veteran and served during the Vietnam War. He retired from the Union Pacific Railroad after 40 years. His hobbies and interests included hunting, fishing, riding his motorcycle, and spending time with his dogs. Mr. Burnett was a proud member of the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association 6-3, American Legion Post 14, and 40 & 8 Voiture 137.
Mr. Burnett was preceded in death by his parents, Rickes J. Burnett and Opal Marie Prest, and by his daughter, Nickie Burnett. Left to cherish his memory is his wife, Sheryl Lynne Burnett; daughter, Angela Wilson and husband Terry; step-son, Corey Ray Tuminello and wife Haley; step-daughter, Brooke Lynne Tuminello; grandson, Chase Burnett and wife Caitlin; granddaughter, Kaitlin Lane and husband Micah; grandson, Hunter Wilson; grandson, Cutter Wilson; step-grandson, Tucker Tuminello; step-grandson, Rhett Horton; step-granddaughter, Tatum Tuminello; and great-granddaughters, Annalise Burnett and Makalynn Lane.
- Rickes J. Burnett and Opal Marie Prest, Parents
- Nickie Burnett, Daughter
- Sheryl Lynne Burnett, Wife
- Angela Wilson and Terry, Daughter and husband
- Corey Ray Tuminello and Haley, Step-son and wife
- Brooke Lynne Tuminello, Step-daughter
- Chase Burnett and Caitlin, Grandson and wife
- Kaitlin Lane and Micah, Granddaughter and husband
- Hunter Wilson, Grandson
- Cutter Wilson, Grandson
- Tucker Tuminello, Step-grandson
- Rhett Horton, Step-grandson
- Tatum Tuminello, Step-granddaughter
- Annalise Burnett, Great Granddaughter
- Makalynn Lane, Great Granddaughter
- Ron Chatelain (Rowdy)
- Harry Brunn (Toe go)
- Kevin Olliver (Ollie)
- Richard Hibbs (Doc)
- J. Perry Hart (Graywolf)
- Dozer Reed (Dozer)
- Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association 6-3, Honorary Pallbearers
- Visitation Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- Celebration of Life Service Thursday, April 11, 2019
Rickie J. Burnett
April 9, 2019
Rickie was always a pleasure to be around. Loved his sense of humor and kindness. He will be missed. Prayers for Sheryl and all of his family.
April 8, 2019
Whenever I worked security at the American Legion Rickie always took the time to come by and check on me. I enjoyed talking with him and he always had kind words about the Police Officers and Deputies because of the high crime and how we put our lives on the line every day when we put the badge and uniform on.
I will miss his smile and our talks.