Robert Earl Shaw
November 17, 1946 – September 3, 2018
Robert Earl Shaw, age 71, of Shreveport, Louisiana left his earthly home to be with his Lord and Savior on Monday September 3, 2018. He was born November 17, 1946 in Winnfield, Louisiana. A memorial service for Robert will be held Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 11:00 AM at Haynes Avenue Baptist Church, 610 Haynes Ave., Shreveport, Louisiana 71105. A visitation will be held at 10:00 AM before the service. Dr. Mike Anderson and Rev. Jerry Clark will be officiating the service.
Robert worked for Allen Millwork, Inc. for many years. He retired as CFO/Secretary Treasurer of the company and served on the Board of Directors. He was also former President of SWCA. In his spare time, he liked hunting, fishing, and collecting coins, guns and knives.
Left to cherish his memory is his wife, of almost 48 years, Martha Shaw; daughters, Marie Starr Waas (AJ) and Christy Shaw Vines (Aaron); grandchildren, Jakob Lewis, Brennen Vines, Trevor Vines (Caylen), and Mary Katherine Waas; special furkid, Mystie; sisters, Alyne Watson (Ronnie) and Barbara Clark (Jerry); nieces, Teresa Raley (Earl), Amy Ehler (Scott) and Angela Raymer (Lee); special friends, Ninnette Pennell and Guy Kennebrew; and numerous family and friends.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Hershel Shaw and Lucille Shaw.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Haynes Avenue Baptist Church, Gideon’s International or Samaritan’s Purse in memory of Robert.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.CenturiesMemorialFH.com for the Shaw family.
- Martha Holt Shaw, Wife
- Marie Starr Waas and husband AJ, Daughter
- Christy Shaw Vines and husband Aaron, Daughter
- Jakob Lewis, Grandchild
- Brennen Vines, Grandchild
- Trevor Vines and wife Caylen, Grandchild
- Mary Katherine Waas, Grandchild
- Alyne Watson and husband Ronnie, Sister
- Barbara Clark and husband Jerry, Sister
- Teresa Raley and husband Earl, Niece
- Amy Ehler and husband Scott, Niece
- Angela Raymer and husnd Lee, Niece
- Ninnette Pennell and Guy Kennebrew, special friends
- J.E. Hershel Shaw, Father
- Lucille Elizabeth Rolen Shaw, Mother
- He is also survived by numerous other family members and friends.
- Visitation Saturday, September 8, 2018
- Memorial Service Saturday, September 8, 2018
Robert Earl Shaw
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
September 8, 2018
I worked with Robert for over 40 years at Allen Millwork. We saw a lot of changes in the business and shared the good times as well as the bad. He was a big part of the company first going on computers in the early 1980's and keeping us up to date on the constant changes. He had a great mind for numbers and was invaluable managing our accounting department.
Robert got along well with his fellow workers and gained the friendship and respect of those he worked with. This includes me. I will remember the "good old times" at work and will always remember and appreciate him being there for me and the company.
September 5, 2018
Robert hired me at Allen Millwork and I worked for him for 37 years...he was a great boss and friend to me and my family through out those years...my prayers goes out to Martha and family during this difficult time...