Wilburn "Buddy" Miller
November 19, 1932 – May 12, 2018
Funeral services for Wilburn ¨Buddy¨ Miller will be conducted at 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 16th, 2018 at Centuries Memorial Funeral Home in Shreveport. Interment will follow at Centuries Memorial Cemetery. Visitation is scheduled from 12 p.m. until 2 p.m.
Buddy Miller, 85, passed away peacefully and surrounded by his family on May 12, 2018, in Shreveport.
Buddy retired from Lucent Technology (formerly AT&T and Western Electric) after many years of service. He taught mathematics and science in Caddo Parish and at Northwestern State University.
He also served six months active duty in the United States Army, followed by six years in the Army Reserves, with honorable discharge at the rank of Captain.
He earned both a Bachelor's and Master's of Education from Northwestern State University.
Fishing and playing golf were some of Buddy´s favorite pastimes. But most of all, he treasured spending time with his grandchildren who loved him dearly. The countless hours he devoted to caring for his grandchildren spoke to his generous and compassionate character.
Left to cherish his memory are his son, David Miller; granddaughters, Lauren and Ariana Miller, and their mother, Lisa Hicks Miller; granddaughter, Kristin Crew Milligan and husband, Barry Milligan; grandson, Cory Crew and his fiancée, Diana Schimberg; daughter-in-law, Jacque McClamore Crew; brothers, Dalton Miller, Bobby Miller and wife Betty Miller; great-grandchildren, Madison Milligan and fiancée Clint Oliver, Chandler Milligan, Connor and Rocky Crew; and numerous nieces, nephews, and dear friends. He is preceded in death by his beautiful wife of 51 years, Doris Russell Miller; his stepson, Robert G. Crew; his great-granddaughter, Katherine Elizabeth Milligan; his parents, Jimmie C. Miller and Edna Longino Miller; and his sister, Carol Ann Miller Bush.
Serving as pallbearers will be Joseph Miller, John Miller, Tony Brantley, Mike Morgan, and Edward Nader.
The family wishes to express their gratitude to all Buddy’s caregivers at Amie Hospice Care and Willis-Knighton Pierremont.
The family also suggests that in lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Buddy’s name to either the Robert G. Crew Endowed Scholarship at NSU (c/o The Office of University Advancement, 535 University Parkway, Natchitoches, LA. 71497), or to the American Cancer Society.
- Jimmy and Edna Miller, Parents
- Doris Miller, Wife
- Robert G. Crew, Step-son
- Katherine Elizabeth Milligan, Great-granddaughter
- Carol Ann Miller Bush, Sister
- David Miller, Son
- Lauren Miller, Granddaughter
- Arianna Miller, Granddaughter
- Kristin Crew Milligan and Barry Milligan, Granddaughter and husband
- Cory Crew and Diana Schimberg, Grandson and his fiancee
- Jacque McClamore Crew, Daughter-in-law
- Dalton Miller, Brother
- Bobby Miller and Betty Miller, Brother and his wife
- Madison Milligan and fiancee Clint Oliver, Chandler Milligan, Connor and Rocky Crew, Great-grandchildren
- Buddy is also survived by numerous nieces, nephews, and dear friends.
- Joseph Miller
- John Miller
- Tony Brantley
- Mike Morgan
- Edward Nader
- Visitation Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Celebration of Life Service Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Wilburn "Buddy" Miller
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY