Mary K. Cheakalos
August 1, 1932 – November 23, 2019
Mary Keriakos Cheakalos (age 87)
Of Potomac, MD. Passed away peacefully on Saturday, November 23, 2019 . Beloved wife of the late John W. Cheakalos.; loving mother of William (Janine) Cheakalos, Irene (Ernie) Koutras, and James (Betsy) Cheakalos; adored grandmother of Johnny, Louis, John Alexander, Peter, Samantha, and Stephanie; dear sister of Gus Keriakos and dear sister-in-law of Kim Keriakos. She is preceded in death by brother Van Keriakos and sister-in-law Joyce Keriakos. Also survived by a host of cherished nephews, nieces, cousins and devoted friends. . Visitation will be held at the Hines-Rinaldi F. H., 11800 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD on Monday, December 2, 2019, 6pm to 8pm. Funeral service to be held Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 12:30pm at Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church, 701 Norwood Rd, Silver Spring, MD, 20905. Interment Gate of Heaven, Silver Spring, MD. Family request donations to be made to Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church or Alzheimer's Disease Research 22512 Gateway Center Dr., Clarksburg, MD 20871. Please sign family guestbook at www.hinesrinaldifuneralhome.com
- John W. Cheakalos, Husband
- Angello Keriakos, Father (deceased)
- Irene (Delardos) Keriakos, Mother (deceased)
- Van Keriakos, Brother (deceased)
- Joyce Keriakos, Sister-in-law (deceased)
- Mary is also survived by her children, William (Janine) Cheakalos, Irene (Ernie) Koutras, and James (Betsy) Cheakalos; grandchildren, Johnny, Louis, John Alexander, Peter, Samantha, and Stephanie;her brother, Gus Keriakos andsister-in-law, Kim Keriakos. She is also survived by a host of cherished nephews, nieces, cousins and devoted friends. .
- Visitation Monday, December 2, 2019
- Funeral Services Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- Interment Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Mary K. Cheakalos
December 1, 2019
As I look through all the pictures posted here, I see Aunt Mary smiling in everyone of them and more so when she’s surrounded by her family.
This is how I will always remember my sweet aunt Mary, always smiling.
My brother Nicky and I spent several summers with aunt Mary and uncle John and family. Those were the best summers I will always hold dear to my heart. We were treated just like her own children, very loving , always lots of fun , wonderful Greek food but most of all, aunt Mary left an impression on me of her faith in God.
Aunt Mary will be missed but she has left many lasting impression on me with memories I will never forget!
May her memory be eternal.
Love and blessings to my cousins Irene, Billy, Jimmy and your families-you made your mom & dad proud!
November 27, 2019
We are deeply saddened by your loss. We were honored and blessed to have known your mom Mary, she was a beautiful woman inside and out. Remembering her wonderful and gentle soul will forever remain in our hearts. May she rest Peacefully in a the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love Tammy and Mac Atkins