July 29, 1932 – January 8, 2019
Jean has gone to join the love of her life, Charles.
Jean MacMurtrie Franklin passed away at Ann’s Choice on Tuesday, January 8, 2019. She was born in Philadelphia, PA on July 29, 1932, the daughter of the late George and Irene (Ball) MacMurtrie. She was the devoted wife of the late Charles C. Franklin Sr. Jean is survived by her three children, Charles (Arlene) Franklin Jr., Janis (Rodney) Guistwite, and Clifford (Lori) Franklin, six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. She was, arguably, the best Nama ever!!
Jean graduated from Lower Moreland high school in 1950 and married Charles that same year. In addition to being a homemaker and piano teacher, she was employed by the Centennial School District and spent twenty plus years in Technical Services at the Bucks County Free Library. She enjoyed playing the piano and organ and did so for many of the organizations in which her husband sang.
Jean’s memorial service will be held at 11:00 AM, Saturday, January 26, 2019 at the Chapel at Ann’s Choice. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Bucks County Free Library or the SPCA. www.wrgrantfuneralhome.com
- George McMurtrie, Father
- Irene McMurtrie, Mother
- Charles C. Franklin Sr., Husband
- Charles C. Franklin Jr., Son
- Arlene Franklin, Daughter-in-law
- Janice Guiswite, Daughter
- Rodney Guistwite, Son-in-law
- Clifford Franklin, Son
- Lori Franklin, Daughter-in-law
- Jean is also survived by her six loving and three great grandchildren.
- Bucks County Free Library
- Memorial Service Saturday, January 26, 2019