Russell W. Jeffries
Passed away on October 7, 2018
Russell W. Jeffries, age 86 passed peacefully on Sunday October 7, 2018. Born in Abington, Russell spent most of his life in Southampton until moving to Lehighton in 1991. He married Evelyn Gertrude Croft in 1952 and was fortunate to have a wonderful, loving marriage for 66 years. In his working years, he skillfully worked for the manufacturing industry as a mold and tool maker.
Russell loved his family and was a dedicated husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He adored his grandchildren and great-grandchildren and shared many cherished memories with them during the summer vacations spent in the mountains.
While living in the mountain house the past twenty-eight years, Russell enjoyed watching the hummingbirds, bears, deer and all that nature had to offer outside their window. Russell loved the outdoors. He loved camping and fishing all over North America and shared his love of nature with his grandchildren. Russell was dedicated to community service.
He loved all kinds of hunting and fishing. He was not much of a tv watcher, however he would tune in to watch sports, fishing and hunting shows, from time to time. He was a dedicated member of the Southampton Fire Department/Fire Police and also in Franklin Township Fire Police. He was a proud member of Newtown Masonic Lodge # 427. Russell is survived by his son and daughter-in-law, Thomas and Robin Jeffries, his daughter, Patricia Wolbert, his son, Ronald Jeffries, his six grandchildren; Tamra Wolbert, Tracey Wolbert, Trisha (Justin) Zellers, Katelyn Jeffries, Ryan (Jocelyn) Jeffries and Tiffany Wolbert, his three great-grandchildren; Vincent, Gemma and Skylar and his brother and sister-in-law, Raymond and Betty Croft.
He is also survived by his son and daughter-in-law; Donald and Denise Jeffries, his grandchildren; Allison, Gregory and Isabelle and his great-grandchildren; Molly and Jaden.
Friends and family are invited to a Memorial Gathering on Friday, October 12, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM at Wm. Rowen Grant Funeral Home in Southampton, followed by a Memorial Service at 11:00 AM.
- Russell W. Jeffries, Father
- Jeanette Jeffries, Mother
- Evelyn G. Jeffries, Wife
- Thomas Jeffries, Son
- Robin Jeffries, Daughter-in-law
- Patricia Wolbert, Daughter
- Ronald Jeffries, Son
- Tamara Wolbert, Grandchild
- Tracy Wolbert, Grandchild
- Trisha Zellers, Grandchild
- Justin Zellers, Grandson-in-law
- Katelyn Jeffries, Grandchild
- Ryan Jeffries, Grandchild
- Jocelyn Jeffries, Granddaughter-in-law
- Tiffany Wolbert, Grandchild
- Raymond Croft, Brother-in-law
- Betty Croft, Sister-in-law
- Donald Jeffries, Son
- Denise Jeffries, Daughter-in-law
- Russell is also survived by grandchildren: Allison, Gregory and Isabelle and his great-grandchildren, Molly and Jaden.