Thomas J. Leidigh
November 1, 1924 – February 3, 2019
Thomas Jacob Leidigh (November 1, 1924 - February 3, 2019), son of Charles Jacob and Mabel (Kauffmann) Leidigh.
Tom grew up in the Fox Chase section of Philadelphia and Quakertown, PA. He attended Central High School in Philadelphia (class of 1942) and Drexel Institute of Technology (University) (class of 1949, Civil Engineering). He served in the United States Army, 406th Infantry Regiment, 102nd Infantry Division during World War II, serving in France and Germany.
Tom worked briefly as a Civil Engineer for the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad in Pittsburgh, PA and Clarksburg, WV, then came home to Philadelphia where he helped found structural engineering firm Keast & Hood Company in 1953, where, along with partners, Carl Baumert and Nick Gianopulos, led the company through the mid-1990’s, fully retiring in 2007. Always a mentor, he worked with generations of future engineers as an Architectural Department structural critic and lecturer at Temple University’s College of Engineering Technology. He spent many happy summers at the beach in Ocean City, NJ. He was a very active member and volunteer for many years at Bustleton United Methodist Church, and was a former President of the Engineers Club of Philadelphia. He lived at Southampton Estates and Willowbrooke Court in Southampton, Bucks County for the past 24 years.
He was predeceased by his wife of 64 years, Jean MacMillan Leidigh, son, Thomas James Leidigh (survived by Jacquelyn Stirn), and twin brother, Richard (Lillian) Leidigh. He is survived by sons, Richard Leidigh (Betsy Repash) of Macungie, PA, and Robert (Jody) Leidigh of Pittsburgh, PA, nephews, Charles Leidigh of Houston, TX, and George Leidigh of Phoenix, AZ, his niece, Judith Leidigh (George) Hayducksko of Hilo, HI, his grandchildren: Susan Leidigh (Josh) Boles of Fayetteville, AR, Derek (Morgan) Leidigh of Golden, CO, and Max Leidigh of Denver, CO and great-grandchildren, Cooper Boles and Beatrice Leidigh.
A Memorial Service will be held on Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 2:30 pm at Southampton Estates, 238 Street Road, Southampton, PA.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to ACTS Samaritan Fund or The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
- Charles Jacob Leidigh, Father (deceased)
- Mabel Leidigh, Mother (deceased)
- Jean Leidigh, Wife (deceased)
- Thomas James Leidigh, Son (deceased)
- Jacquelyn Leidigh, Daughter-in-law
- Richard Leidigh, Brother (deceased)
- Lillian Leidigh, Sister-in-law
- Richard Leidigh, Son
- Betsy Repash, Daughter-in-law
- Robert Leidigh, Son
- Jody Leidigh, Daughter-in-law
- Charles Leidigh, Nephew
- George Leidigh, Nephew
- Judith Hayducksko, Niece
- George Hayducksko, Nephew-in-law
- Mr. Leidigh is also survived by his grandchildren Susan Leidigh (Josh) Boles of Fayetteville AR, Derek (Morgan) Leidigh of Golden CO, and Max Leidigh of Denver CO; and great-grandchildren Cooper Boles and Beatrice Leidigh
Learn more about the Leidigh name
- ACTS Samaritan Fund
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
Sunday, February 24, 2019