Marian Bugg Seguin
August 19, 1931 – May 12, 2018
Marian Bugg Seguin, 86, of Spring Hill, FL, passed away on Sat., May 12, 2018 at Northside Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL. A Michigan native, she was born Aug. 19, 1931 to John and Edith (Dorling) Townsend, one of five children. Marian retired as a Sales Executive for Prestolite Corporation, Farmington Hills, MI, where she worked for 37 years. During her career, Marian moved through various departments in the corporation and retired as a widely respected automotive industry executive. She broke through the Glass ceiling before it had a designation. Marian moved to Spring Hill over 30 years ago from Port Huron and was a parishioner of St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church in Spring Hill. Marian was an avid golfer and was a member of the Ladies Golf Association at Silverthorn Country Club. She and her late husband, Ed founded the Friday Couples Golf Group at Silverthorn. Marian was a natural born leader who had a wonderful sense of humor and loved to entertain her friends at Silverthorn. She was known by many in her neighborhood as a one person welcoming committee and frequently made people in their new community feel right at home. In addition to her parents, Marian was preceded in death by husband of 35 years, Gerald Bugg and Ed Seguin, husband of 20 years. Also proceeded in death, brother, Franklin Townsend. Mrs. Seguin is survived by her children William G. Bugg (Cathy), Jacksonville, FL; Sandra L. Thayer (Daniel), Ocean View, DE; Gerri L. Bugg (Jack Winkler), Ames, IA and Pamela S. McKenna (Mike), Lake Oswego, OR; grandchildren Brian (Lindsay), Tim (Carrie), Brandon (Corey), Steven (Dena), Shannon, Zachary and Cameron and great grandchildren Mackenzie, Parker, Madison, Grace, Lucy, Tyler, Jacob, Mackenzie, Carly, Lucy and Steffi. Marian is also survived by her faithful and loving dog, Danny. Friends will be received at a Celebration of Life and Happy Hour on Fri., May 18, 2018 from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. at Turner Funeral Home, Spring Hill, FL. A chapel service will be held on Sat., May 19th at 11:00 A.M. at Turner Funeral. A luncheon hosted by the family will be held at Silverthorn Country Club following the service. Private interment will take place at a later date in Troy, Michigan. Turner Funeral Home, Spring Hill, FL. In lieu of flowers donations can be made in Marian’s name to: Youth and Shelter Service, Inc., 420 Kellogg, Ames, Iowa 50010. www.turnerfuneralandcremation.com
- John Townsend, Father
- Edith Dorling, Mother
- Franklin Townsend, Brother
- Gerald Bugg, Beloved husband of 35 years
- Edward Seguin, Beloved husband of 20 years
- William G. "Bill" Bugg, Son of Jacksonville, FL
- Cathy Bugg, Daughter-in-law of Jacksonville, FL
- Sandra L. Thayer, Daughter of Ocean View, DE
- Daniel Thayer, Son-in-law of Ocean View, DE
- Gerri L. Bugg, Daughter of Ames, IA
- Jack Winkler, Son-in-law of Ames, IA
- Pamela S. McKenna, Daughter of Lake Oswego, OR
- Mike McKenna, Son-in-law of Lake Oswego, OR
- Marian is also survived by grandchildren Brian (Lindsay), Tim (Carrie), Brandon (Corey), Steven (Dena), Shannon, Zachary, and Cameron and great grandchildren Mackenzie, Parker, Madison, Grace, Lucy, Tyler, Jacob, Mackenzie, Carly, Lucy and Steffi; as well as her faithful and loving dog, Danny.
- Friends Will Be Received Friday, May 18, 2018
- Funeral Service of Remembrance Saturday, May 19, 2018
- Interment In The Near Future
Marian Bugg Seguin
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
May 17, 2018
Gerri, Jack, and family -
My condolences on the sudden loss of your mother, Gerri. I echo what Don said, it's easy to determine where you learned some of your considerable leadership skills after reading about your mother. We'll be thinking of you as we plant the flower garden at Brookside Park back in Ames this weekend.
May the grace and peace of the Lord be a comfort to you, now and always.
May 16, 2018
Dear Gerri and family,
We are sorry about your Mother's passing. She was a very special lady and will be deeply missed and forever cherished.
We always enjoyed her visits to Iowa. She was a fun lady to spend time with!
Know we are with you all at this sad time.
With love and sympathy
Melanie and Guy
May 15, 2018
After reading the obituary of your mom, I wish I had met her. She sounds like a wonderful person. I see where you get your leadership/organization ability. I am so sorry for your loss!