Pauline Ellen McDonald
February 19, 1934 – March 11, 2018
McDonald, Ellen Pauline (Polly) Carter (84) of Fredericksburg, VA, formerly of Alexandria, VA, died March 11, 2018 after suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Pauline was born in Blackshear, GA on February 19, 1934 to Ellen H. (Carter) Wheeler and Elvin Alonzo Carter who preceded her in death. Pauline worked in several capacities for the Department of Agriculture including APHIS and AMS. She retired after more than 20 years of service to the department. While living in Alexandria, Pauline attended Hope United Church of Christ, serving as a deacon and as treasurer for many years. Her family and the relationships she formed at Hope gave her great joy. Preceded in death by her husband, Clifton Stanton McDonald, she is survived by her four daughters: Karen (Larry) Wirman of Stafford, VA; Carol (David) Rickerson of Moneta, VA; Wanda (Steven) Lindquist of Huntsville, UT; and Tammy (Fred) Weatherholtz also of Stafford, VA. She is also survived by her sister, Susan (Bob) Grant, grandchildren, great grandchildren, numerous nieces and nephews, and many extended family and friends. Funeral services will be held, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 10:00 A.M. at Mullins and Thompson, Stafford Chapel with the Rev. Amber Neuroth officiating. The family will receive friends at the chapel one hour prior to the service. Interment will be private at Thomas Cemetery, Waycross, GA. In lieu of flowers, expressions of sympathy may be made to The Alzheimer’s Association, Toys For Tots at www.toysfortots.org or Hope United Church of Christ, 6130 Old Telegraph Rd. Alexandria, VA in memory of Pauline.
- Clifton Stanton McDonald, Husband
- Karen Wirman, Daughter
- Carol Rickerson, Daughter
- Wanda Lindquist, Daughter
- Tammy Weatherholtz, Daughter
- She is also survived by her sons-in-law, Larry Wirman, David Rickerson, Steven Lindquist, and Fred Weatherholtz; her sister, Susan (Bob) Grant; grandchildren; great grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews; and many extended family and friends.
- Visitation Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, March 15, 2018